Stay classy Jets

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

This is all a big misunderstanding... Ellis thought someone told him the Jets didn't have a snowball's chance in Seattle of making the playoffs. So naturally he got excited when he saw the snow and the chance to leave a snowball in Seattle, increasing their chances of making it.

2. I don't know... I blacked out somewhere down the line...

3. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

To clear this snow and ice mess up... their BOTH made up of water, there is a difference between the two. Snow is nothing but the frozen atmospheric vapour which falls in winters on earth as light flakes whereas ice is simply frozen water. Another difference is that snow fall can be seen only in winters at areas of high altitudes and places near the Polar regions whereas ice can be seen in any season of the year in our refrigerator.

Also, in my line of work "ice" being thrown would be unheard of... It's a very nasty and addictive drug... And when an "ice labs" explodes, it's not a very pretty site to see.

4. So... the difference is that one is frozen water while the other is frozen water?

5. MJTitans

:pop: You know your team is 13-2 when the message boards have a 4 page argument about the differences and similarities of snow and ice. Life is good. Continue on...

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

But look who will be smarter at Christmas lunch when you bring out the knowledge. :grrhee:

7. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

The people in Portland know the definition of snow and ice :ha:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zMzeiMJQrvk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zMzeiMJQrvk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

haha. I know, the family will be sooo impressed that we now know what snow is-as compared to ice. Something makes me think that they won't be as compelled by this topic as we are.

:ha:

9. MJTitans

True... and they were impressed last year with my understanding of the difference between water and sparkling water. This will knock em dead!

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well I guess I should get the formalities out of the way first:
    Ice is simply the solid state of substances that are otherwise liquid or gas. There are a number of difference types of ice, where snow is one of them.
    The problem occurs because we commonly use the word ice for particular phase of frozen water, which is not the same as snow.

Well, with that out of the way, I find it ridiculous to fine a player for this. To me it was harmless and I think everyone involved got a laugh out of it. As long as it's not malicious I don't think a fine is warranted. Now say he spit on the fan, that would be different.
    That said, I can also see why the NFL will want to prevent these kinds of physical exchanges between players and fans, because at some point someone won't just be throwing snow.

Oh and additional, I believe the player fines actually go to charity, but I could be wrong...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar