Status Of The Linebackers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Thornton probably stays active if he's healthy thanks to Winborn going on IR, but he won't start.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

but he's ... "the screen stopper"

4. CricketChapman

CricketChapman Camp Fodder

Tough call...Thornton has been solid for us the last 3 seasons. It's nice having a good LB coming off the bench fresh at this point in the season. I am guessing we work him in off the bench to give 'Spoon or McGrath rest, initially.

5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Spoon seems to fade away as games progress, especially on blitz' it would be nice to see him get some rest, when he needs it.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Man I have no clue.

I guess the ideal would be that we get them all on the field in rotation like the line.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't see Thornton playing anytime soon. The guy hasn't hit since '09.

I really thought they were getting him healthy to release.

8. globelieves

globelieves Starter

I'm confused...at this point he's back at practice...won't they evaluate him for the additional three weeks or will he be back on the playing squad??? And before anyone takes issue, I'll be the first to admit I don't know the ins and outs of how bringing someone back from injury works.

9. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

I'd assume they'll wait until the last possible second to make a decision on DT, keep or release. I'm not sure when the "evaluation period" started or when it ends. An injury to a LB could happen at any moment and DT would be a great guy to have around if that happened, but DT doesn't play any special teams so just depends on how healthy they are I guess.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I really really really hope he doesn't start. I think he would be a great vet. backup for all 3 LB spots, rotate him in and get some playing time. My guess is he won't be 100% for a while.

Or the Titans can do what I do on Madden and run a 4-4! hahaha (that's a joke)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar