Statistical rankings....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Sep 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I heard yesterday that you have to go back to 1945 to find a more inept running game after 2 games than what we have. It just can't get any worse than this.

To be updated each week..

Total offense-31
    Total defense- 25

Scoring offense-32
    Scoring defense-29

Rushing yards offense-32
    Rushing yards defense-29

Rushing ypc offense-31
    Rushing ypc defense-30

Passing rating offense-25
    Passing rating defense-29

25th or worse in every major category! If we based team performance on just 2 games every coach on this team would deserve to be fired. Let's see how we rank after the games this week.

2. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

I don't see the problem. The worst category was no worse than 32. :banjump:

Even if someone did not see the games, he could pretty much judge the outcome from these stats.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Any other organization this is worth losing your job for, and I'm talking outside of football as well..

We do things differently in Tennessee...sad..

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Atta boy Munch!! Look at those numbers! It's a good thing nothing needs to change.

5. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I don't know how I feel. On one hand this is seriously unacceptable.

On the other hand We were a simple version two years ago with the lock out. And now this year we are acting like our first true year with a new O and D and we need to iron out the kinks.

I'm not mad. I'm interested if anything else. I want to see how they course correct. To me that will be the true test for these coaches: How do they scale and tweak their schemes to fit the mold of their personal.

Then, next year, how do you take those tweaks and push your personal back to the ideals of the original scheme with out sacrificing performance at all.

I dnk. We have some serious holes and we could use some depth. Drafting in the top 5 could help this team get set up for awhile.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Absolutely no excuse for being that bad in every phase of the game. Munch sucks.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Don't worry... it'll change after this week.

We'll be 32nd in every category.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Just terrible. :cj:

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Things better change this weekend.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

We've played 6 really bad quarters of football. We've shown sparks on offense and defense, but never in the same phase of the game at the same time. We've also had some very inopportune turnovers that have killed the momentum of our games. While I think its cause for concern and urgency, I don't think its a valid indicator of our season. We've played 2 respectable opponents and we're early in a new system with some key injuries. I'm like Two Kings in that its gonna take some more time for me to assess the team. I'm more optomistic about our ceiling though. I do think we're more talented than most teams, but we lack in experience. There's probably some pro moves being put on our guys that they're not used to. Hopefully they'll improve as the season goes on. The only player I'm unsure about is Griffin.

I do think Jake will have a good game tomorrow and our offense will finally start moving the ball. I'm thinking Palmer might adjust and let Locker come out throwing just because of how bad our run game is. Jake has made some rookie mistakes this year, but its better to get them out of the way early than later. If he can rally this offense I think with Marks and McCarthy back we can compete against most teams.

Some fans forget that we were competitive in the Patriots game until the half. We have loads of potential on offense but the thing is will we capitalize. Just gonna have to wait and see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar