state of the titans franchise

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nine

Nine Starter

Dang....

You just bypassed a golden opportunity to point out how the 7-year old's throwing motion needed some work, but was still better than Vince's.....

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

After Vince Young comes and goes i'd like to see us stir away from mobile QB's like McNair and Vince and try an all passing QB with a strong arm and great mind for the game.

3. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

What if we get some super bowls before he goes? Would you still feel the same?

4. Nine

Nine Starter

Eh...just personal preference.

A lot of people prefer a more traditional pocket passer. Personally, I love having a QB who must be accounted for on every play, and who can make something happen even when the play breaks down.

There are pros and cons to both approaches. Like I said...it's just personal preference.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Tnx for the link; but I'm really sick of hearing about how Chow is a "genius".

Mr. Chow, you are the weakest link! Goodbye!

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's hard being a "genius" working without having much to work with. I'm not saying Chow was the greatest offensive mind in the game but he didn't have much to work with, watered-down his offense to accommodate in inexperienced QB with little WR talent, and had to deal with Fisher's conservative mentality.

Though I think he was over-matched, I don't think many OCs in the league would have done much better.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Which is one of the reasons Dinger is successful, he has no fear of Fisher, but that also lead to their relationship crumbling toward the end of his first stay and departure to the Jets. His ego is bigger than Fisher, and he has no problem running whatever he wants to run and not be handcuffed by his conservativeness, most other OCs wouldn't have the balls to do that.

8. avvie

I thought he inherited Mc9 and co. :suspect:

Let's just say that trying to be a WCO genius with an obviously not WCO team was a less than admirable career decision :grrhee:

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I won't defend the guy much because he was a major letdown, IMO, but his offense was 9th in the league in passing his first year (even though the bulk of that was to the TE).

So let's say I don't buy into Chow being the main reason for the 27th-ranked passing offense last season.

10. avvie

Oh, I'll DEFINATELY give you that one :yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar