state of the titans franchise

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we've taken that chance the past two years and been just fine. in fact, A LOT of teams are carrying just two qbs now a days.

i wouldn't mind having someone on the practice squad who we could move up to the active roster if something catastrophic happened, but what's the point of using a roster spot on someone who will probably never see the field?

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

No one would really complain about that, unless they hated the QB drafted I suppose.

But people would go ape**** bananas if we draft a Qb in the first 3 rounds.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

well if VY doesnt pan out we will be back to square one.

lets hope it was the weapons VY had and not VY.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

and expecting a late round qb to be the savior in that situation would make things better?

5. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Look at the texans, once they finally gave up on david carr they got schaub. If vy ends up being a bust they will be able to find a qb who can come in and start right away without using an early draft pick. I wouldn't be really upset using a late pick on a qb but I think it would be kind of useless this year since he wouldn't even make the active roster. If we used an early round pick on a qb then we would be wasting a pick on a practice squad guy which doesn't make sense.

6. Nine

Nine Starter

I'd actually like to see them grab a #3 QB in the later rounds, and start grooming him for the #2 job; the only question in my mind is which approach to use.

I'd prefer a player with a skill set similar to Vince's....someone who could be productive in a scheme designed for Vince. Dennis Dixon would be a good candidate in the later rounds, although it would be tough to pass up Josh Johnson (45 TD, 1 INT) if he slides to the bottom of round 3.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Dude, I know. I didn't say we needed to draft a QB or anything. If anything, I'd look at free agency if I wanted a backup. I was just making a broad generalization about Vince and his inabilities as a quarterback last year. That's it.

8. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

that's my fault. I was just taking it as you were agreeing with the guys that were saying we need to draft a qb.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

No way! We have too many needs, you can't draft a young guy. There's no point. Free agency is where your backups are. We definately need someone else, but I think we have a solid backup in Collins and I'm cool with that. Vince won't get injured (knock on wood), and even if he does, i'm still confident in Collins.

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I saw a 7 year-old do the same thing this weekend at a soccer game.:irked:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar