state of the titans franchise

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

thanks for the post, bud

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

balmer? I don't think so. We'll go CB if anything on defense first. We have a pretty good DT in Tony Brown. I honestly think we'll go WR in the first round...for the first time in one million years. lol. Balmer is good, but honestly, I don't think we'd pick him up.

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

great post

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Balmer would be A O.K. by me

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't know about Balmer at #24 or the need for a DT early unless they want Tony Brown to move back outside to DE. Antonio Johnson is an unknown but seems loaded with potential.

Personally, I see the need for the Titans being DE, WR and CB before DT.

7. maximus

maximus Starter

I see our needs as CB, DE, DT, WR, and then RB in that order.
    I don't see the Titans drafting a CB in the first round unless DRC/Kelvin is around.

I think we'll be better next year. Better OC, better offense, better defense.
    Can hardly wait

8. TitanJeff

The only reason I think CB could be the pick is because Harper is entering the second year of a three-year deal. Fuller and Hill are UFAs next season. Besides Carr, there isn't much quality depth at all at CB.

Of course, the Pacman issue hangs over all this and I'm assuming he never plays for the Titans again.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Really Jeff?

I see it the other way with DT being a more pressing need than DE. We have zero proven depth behind Albert & Brown. Johnson isn't enough on his own & he's coming back from an ACL.

Balmer would make the interior line a no go area for opposing teams & the players outside of him more effective.A stellar DT also has more value in terms of how long they can play effectively than a DE.

I'lll be happy with either a DT or a DE but my 1st choice would be DT.

10. TitanJeff

Do you think Kearse can hold up as an every down DE? I don't. What about beyond '08? I don't think we can count on Ford or Fisher as any more than depth.

So in the scheme of things, DE is probably the most pressing need, IMO, unless they plan on moving Brown back outside. Problem is, I don't see a DE being there who's worthy of pick #24.

I would not have any complaints if the Titans took a DT but Balmer isn't worthy of #24 either, IMO. Second round? Certainly. No doubt they'll take a DT at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar