State of Origin Rugby League

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Carpy, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Anyone with Steanta Sports should take te opportunity to tape/watch tomorrow morning's (US time) State of Origin Rugby League match. As I've said countless times, Rugby League is the closest parallel to American football you'll see.

State of Origin is a rivalry like Army-Navy. 3 games a year between sides that dead set hate each other.

Here's a taste of it for those that haven't watched a league game before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XeKWHgwWDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1d4qd7SjEI

2. Wow, that switch at 1:35 was explosive...

I haven't seen State of Origin before, I'll definitely try and record that...

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Wow that might be my second favorite sort to whatch is there any sites or channels where you can whatch it.

Those videos were awsome I love Rugby!

4. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Yeah Rugby is a great sport. I played throughout high school, and it was a great experience. I don't play anymore, but I am involved with coaching my former team.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I'm getting all my friends to play over summer it looks like it will be as or more fun than backyard football.

Can u get a rugby ball at Dick's or some other sporting place?

6. BigRed3

The thing about rugby is that there are a bunch of rules that take a while to understand. I really don't think you can just walk into your backyard and start playing rugby, it's more complicated than that. But yeah, Dick's Sporting Goods sells rugby equipment.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Nice thanks I'll have to read up on the rules and go get a ball. I'm pumped to play anytime I can hit someone and not get in trouble I'll do it.

I take it easy on my friends though I'm not that mean.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

that's true of most sports

9. BigRed3

True. But over here in the states, Rugby is extremely scarce on television. So most people have never seen the game, so there will be an even bigger learning curve. Most people who have never played a down of football can tell you at least some of the rules. That's simply not the case with rugby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar