Starting lineup 2012

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young54

Young54 Starter

I hope not. Not unless we feel as if Stevens can be a solid blocking FB in goal line and short yardage situations. I think CJ does get most of his long runs from singleback formations. If I remember correctly I think the majority of CJs 60+ yard runs came from draw plays out of the shotgun. I’m still a huge fan of I-formations though… especially with a good FB.

I would of agreed with you a few years back, but now I think they’re making a comeback. Guys like McClain when he was with Baltimore, Kuhn, Reece and Vickers are solidifying the position again. Don’t forget Payton Hillis was a FB. He got forced into the RB spot bc of injuries in Denver.

I was wondering the same thing about our nickel. I think the rookie will need a lot of development before he plays D. From what I hear though he will have an immediate impact on special teams. It comes down to Cambell and Hawkins and I hope Cambell took advantage of last season and comes in this year significantly better. I agree with you that if TC wins the job, we’ll have to move him outside and kick Verner to the slot.

I think Hass starts week 1. If all goes well then we probably won’t see any starts for Locker. If things go south, (which is possible with our first few games), I can see Locker starting week 4 or 5.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

We've gotten away with it before. I remember one season we tried a combo of Erron Kinney and Shad Mier. There was one season when we used Robert Holocombe.

If we keep an extra tight end it will probably be Cook, Stevens, Graham and Thompson. I remember Chris Palmer saying Jamie Harper would get some time at FB last year and that never materialized.

I really don't see how any of those guys could be worse than Quinn Johnson was last year.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That's gonna ruin Madden, you need a Fullback

My starting roster:

T - Roos & Stewart
    G - Hutchinson & Amano
    C - Valasco
    TE - Stevens (Cook if we go 2 TE and 2 WR)
    QB - Locker
    WR - Britt & Washington (Wright if we go 3WR and 1 TE)
    RB - Johnson

DE - Wimbley & Morgan
    DT - Casey & Martin
    OLB - Ayres & Brown (Can't see us sitting a 2nd rounder)
    MLB - McCarthy
    CB - ATV & J-Mac
    S - Griffin & Babs

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

Offense -

Roos Harris Amano Hutchinson Stewart

WR: Britt Washngton Wright (slot)
    TE: Cook
    RB: Johnson
    QB: Locker

Defense -

DE: Wimbley Morgan
    DT: Casey Martin
    OLB: Ayers Brown
    MLB: McCarthy
    CB: McCourty Verner
    S: Griffin Babineaux

I went with a 3WR set because that's what I expect (i.e. hope) to see most of the time. I think with those three and Cook they have a very potent aerial attack.

I hope Locker starts; as someone above said this season is about reps and gaining experience and anything on top of that is just the icing. They aren't ready for a championship and given the schedule's start I think we should be ecstatic with a playoff appearance.

I don't see this staff choosing anyone else on the roster to play Center. I'd like to see Harris and Amano switch spots like they should have done from the beginning but it won't happen now. They may give him a chance with Hutchinson next to him and hope he will stabilize Amano. Maybe one of the young guys (Matthews, Velasco, the Bama kid) will step up and challenge him but I don't see them getting the nod.

The starting DTs don't really matter as they will rotate pretty freely. I think Casey/Martin provide the best combo, though.

I really see Brown starting at the Will. Like Gunny said the staff will feel invested and I don't see Witherspoon as enough of an obstacle to keep Brown off he field. I actually think Witherspoon may not make it out of camp if some more depth steps up. I think he is done.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

They must feel that Jinn Quanson is better at this rate than Hall was. I take it that they know more than me at this subject.

6. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Why are so many people putting Hutchinson at right guard? He's been strictly a left guard his entire career, both at Michigan and in the NFL. Why take a guy away from what he does best and put him in a new position?

Harris is the best option at right guard.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'll hold off on making my starting lineup for when I know who is quarterbacking this team.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We're becoming a pass first team, so no need to include Quinn Johnson, he'll be used sparingly.

Ruston Webster feels that FB's are no longer needed in today's NFL.

9. Titans1981

Titans1981 Practice Squad

Any chance Barden UFA from Vandy sticks over either of the Grahams at TE/H-back?

10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I think that's exactly what will happen. I read somewhere that the Titans are talking about using some three tight end sets.

I see us moving to a more spread look. We have the weapons for it now, and it suits locker's mobility.

Putting a fullback in front of CJ doesn't make much sense, as his whole game is hitting the hole fast.

Me too. I'll be watching that guy in camp and preseason. I read he catches the ball well (from all star games he played TE in) and god knows he is athletic enough to be a wrecking machine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar