Starters start, playmakers bench

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Finnegan2win, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

So here we are, witnessing a perfect example of how Fisher puts out the "veteran" starters just because they are simply "veterans". Scaife? He was barely used at all this season and rightfully so, stevens was doing decent enough, but even if we weren't targetting the TE we were targetting Damien Williams, Hawkins, or Britt. Why do we have put in Scaife because Kerry is playing? That makes no sense when they are both sloths that have no speed or mobility..and you want to make that our primary target?

Now..we have Gage back in. I'm sorry but DW was GETTING IT DONE. Period. If you want to put Gage out there then bench Nate, DW can at least get open or catch a ball.

Absolutely pathetic that we insist on changing our lineup simply because someone gets "healthy". Heaven forbid we let guys that earn it by performing actually keep their job..:rolleyes:

• High Five High Five x 13
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I high fived this as soon as I noticed you dissing Scaife.

I hate him. He's my least favorite starter. He is also the third best TE on the roster, but of course, he must start!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

exactly why I was fine with Bulluck leaving. Dude would be not only getting start but majority of snaps

4. murrykline

murrykline Starter

Bo must go !!!!

I cannot believe that we paid him so well the last few years...He is not nearlry worth a roster spot.

5. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Bo has to go and Gage in the slot is a no no.

6. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Did Damien even see an offensive snap today?

7. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

4 total plays Gage and Moss got almost all the snaps.

8. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Gage isn't dynamic enough to be a starter at this point. He's more like a tight end; a security blanket who you can go to when all else fails. Put him in the slot where he can be a third option, let Moss and a player with better escapability be the first two looks.

9. titansgirl12

titansgirl12 Practice Squad

Thanks for this post! Today, I was really wondering why Gage was on the field. I have no confidence in his ability to go up, fight for the ball, or even catch it. I really am getting quite sick our not playing/utilizing players who have shown themselves to be playmakers. If we do not want to utilize them, then why do we keep them on our roster?

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

You'd think that Fisher would realize this team is built on speed. Instead he sends slow rollers across the middle time and time again, and will consistently ask that Nate go get jump balls. It's like it's all in reverse. Kudos to nate for making the best of it some times and making the catch, but is that really our strength, is that really the way we should be playing. I don't think so. Our speed has been killing teams, but this week we leave it all on the sideline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar