Starters right now

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by THE_TITAN, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Rod Hood sucks, he was just better than Harper.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. cutter10

cutter10 Rookie

Malcolm Sheppard is too big (6'3-290 lbs.) to play LB, the Titan fans don't know a lot about Sheppard yet, but coach Rocker who recruited Sheppard out of high school and coached him for 2 years at Arkansas is very familiar with him and so is Coach Frank Bush who was the DC w/the Texans last year,the draft has a lot of fans hyped up, you see these highlites of players doing great things and you automatically translate it into NFL sucess, Sheppard was not cut by the Texans, he was plucked from their PS by the Titans, so the guy has an upside,plus he has fought from going undrafted to battling thru OTA's to the PS to a small but roster spot, this guy has an NFL body and was named all SEC as a DE and DT, as soon as the Titan fans do more research on this guy then you'll see my point, the front 7 will have lots of new names come kick off and don't be surprised to see Sheppard in the rotation.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Concured. I would rather have Verner or McCourt start before Hood.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm glad we didn't go CB early in the draft. 4 legitimate potential starters, Hood being the least of these, but I'm not sleeping on him yet.

5. xpmar9x

I still wish we would of taken Davon House with our 4th (comp) pick, and Harper with our 5th.

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I like the majority of these targets.

I think Brandon Mebane would be an incredibly good fit for what Munchak says the team wants to do on defense.

I am also prepared to give McRath another chance this year at Will. Yes, he had lapses in coverage and got washed out in the run game too much, but I think with a stouter (read - bigger) D-Line and a true SAM backer on the other side in Ayers, there is a chance McRath takes a leap this season.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Jason Jones is moved to DE in our standard front if we get a guy like Mebane and I wouldn't be spending a lot of money there.

Hood is gone, as is Hope in all likelihood.

I think they add one veteran receiver. Don't rule out Santana Moss. I doubt he returns to the Redskins after they drafted 3 receivers. He would be a great help to a rookie QB, particularly with a Kenny Britt on the other side.

7. 24

24 Starter

I don't know about the starters, but here's who we have to release.

1. Jovan Haye: Didn't like him then, don't like him now. He had one good season, he's washed up.

2. Chris Hope: He was never great in coverage, his tackling was horrible last year. Only thing he offers now is veteran leadership. Time to turn it over to the young guys. What do we have to lose?

3. David Thornton: What does he really offer anymore? He was solid on the strong side, but injuries have taken their toll. He's no longer the thumper that he used to be.

4. Donnie Nickey: Special teams captain? Really? Schommer was playing well last preseason, let him take over that role. Wasted roster spot in my opinion.

5. Justin Gage: I like him, he was good for us. But, it's time to move on from the old. Let Damian Williams, Marc Mariani, and our $27 million WR Nate Washington take over.

6. Vince Young: For CJtheBeast.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. xpmar9x

I agree with all of these, although Thornton and Nickey aren't on the team. They're FAs, so we can just not re-sign them. As I put in a different thread:

Vince Young - $8.5 million salary in '11 and $4.25 million bonus.
    Chris Hope - $6.5 million salary in '11 (same as Ed Reed )
    Justin Gage - $3.5 million salary in '11
    Jovan Haye - $3.0 million salary in '11

If we cut those 4 players, we'd have an extra $25.75 million dollars in spending money.

9. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

I'm loving this extra money to spend, and i'm sure Munchak will fully use the oppurtunity to create his new vision for our franchise. Mebane would probably be the first guy I would go out and get in free agency along with our veteran quarterback.

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Did anyone notice that DeAndre McDaniel didn't get drafted? I'd love to sign him as a FA. At least to see if he can cut it. I thought he'd go in rounds 3-4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar