Starters right now

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by THE_TITAN, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Would this be like our starting team next season?

Offense:

Britt-------------Roos-Harris-Amano-Scott-Stewart--Cook-------Washington

----------------------------Vet/Locker------------------------------------

-------------------------------Hall----------------------------------------

-------------------------------CJ2k---------------------------------------

Defense:

--------------------Hayes?-Jones-Brown-Morgan--------------------------

----------------------Ayers-Tulloch-Witherspoon-----------------------

--Finnegan-------------------------------------------------------Verner--

-----------Hope?--------------------------------------Griffin-------------

I'm not sure if I missed someone there or got anything wrong, but I think thats pretty much our starting personnel right now. If so we need to grab a safety in free agency and go hard in that regard. I would like to see Harris, Hall and Tulloch re-signing because I liked all of them last year and felt Tulloch got some flack because he was asked to do too much on our defense last season. I still have real questions about us at defensive end...do we move JJ there? I personally like JJ at DT but he is a viable option at LDE and I would have him over Hayes right now. There are still some holes there that would need to be filled, more depth at DE, WR, SS and DT, but it isn't a bad starting side.

Guys I would target:

QB:

Marc Bulger - Would be a cheap but effective player. Could come in and start for us and still has a few good years left in the tank. He would be comfortable taking a back-up role when asked to and has the knowledge at the position to further Locker's game.

WR:

Mike Sims-Walker - Best friends with Chris Johnson, I think he is a streaky type of receiver but he is low risk and has the ability to get more production at the position than Nate Washinton.

DE:

Ray Edwards - Lets spend big at DE and get a guy like Ray Edwards who could play with Derrick Morgan and give us a mean pass rush. If we are really going to hit free agency hard then we need to target the big names.

SS:

Tom Zbikowski - I liked this dude, he is tough and hungry for a starting spot somewhere, he will push Chris Hope all the way and he won't command a big contract.

DT:

Brandon Mebane - Big DT who will sure up our run defense along with rookie Jurrell Casey. The Seattle connection is there with Reinfeldt so I think it is a possibility.

Re-sign:

Ahmard Hall
    Leroy Harris
    Stephen Tulloch - expensive but needed.
    Mike Otto
    Tim Shaw

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I like that depth chart you made with (------'s), not bad.

As for the accuracy of it, yes today you'd pretty much have it all right, but IMO Tulloch is gone so Witherspoon slides inside, and McRath plays WLB.

3. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

I don't mind the idea of Witherspoon as our MLB, but you've got to also remember how important Tulloch is as a leader to our team. He was the captain of the defense last year and no matter how much you hate on him for his coverage, he was one of the bright sparks in that linebacking corps, in my opinion. Witherspoon's production dropped dramatically towards the end of the season, I don't know if it was because of age, but my best guess is that we didn't have enough depth at the position. I like McCarthy and Curren to take up some time this season and keep our main guys fresh. I also would love us to re-sign Tim Shaw, that guy can own special teams and would definately be a good candidate for special teams captain. But one thing Shaw has over Nickey is that he can actually play his position with some success, Shaw is a better linebacker than Nickey will ever be as a safety.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We need to send the Navy Seals to Donnie Nickey's house, that would take care of that problem. And yes, Witherspoon was shot towards the end of the season, like you said, no depth. I'm a fan of Tulloch's somewhat, I'd like to retain his services, but don't expect him to return.

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I think we'll sign a safety in free agency. I've heard a couple of interviews with Munch and that's a position that he always refers to getting another player at. If I'm not mistaken there are a few good ones out there to choose from.

We do need depth at DE, especially if we don't resign Babin.

As far as LB's go, I wouldn't be surprised if we had 2 rookies starting for us. They said all along they'd like to get bigger there and I think them drafting 2 LBs shows that's where they're headed. I doubt we resign Tully.

6. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

I'm hearing inklings of rumours on other forums that Tulloch might go to the Lions. I guess he would fit in Schwartz's scheme and he knows him so I wouldn't be suprised if that happened, the Lions need a linbacker badly.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's definitely starting to look like the Titans are ready to let Tulloch walk (assuming he's a FA once some sort of agreement is reached between the league and the players).

8. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

We also aren't 100% sure what Curran can do yet. He's about the same size as Tulloch and if he can cover better or something on top of him already being signed cheap, he may have the edge.

9. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Damn bababooby, I was just away to mention Curran.

What was he a third rounder last year? I know he is listed as an OLB but I see him as a very similar player to Tulloch. Has a breif period to win a starting spot.
    Witherspoon,McGrath,Ayers,Curran and McCarthy. Thats 5 we could possibly sign one more to compete for a spot, Herzlich would be cool.

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Any chance Malcom Sheppard might be considered as an option at LB if they want to get bigger? Or is he too big?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar