Starter at CB Remains Unnamed

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I never said that he was no better than Hill. I was just giving examples as to why one could think that. But i do think that both Griffin and Finnegan are better than Harper, and the only reason that Harper is starting is because we brought him in from FA.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

oh please, he's given up one big gain this pre-season, just like finnegan and griffin.

3. Hes probably given up more than the both of them. And why are you so high on him in the first place?

4. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

Harper blows. If he didn't, we wouldn't be wasting our FS so much at CB.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

who said i was? i just don't get the "he's worse than reynaldo" talk, especially with no basis.

6. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I think it would be really unfair to Finny if we start Griffin. Finny played well all preseason and earned the spot. The only reason I can think that Griffin would be out there over Finny is he was a first rounder.

7. wg53

wg53 Starter

Griffin and Finnegan should be our starting CBs.

However if Harper does start. Finnegan should be the other starter. At this point he is just simply a better CB than Griffin is.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We all know you have a hard on for Finnegan, but at least sound like you know what you are talking about, not just guess.

9. wg53

wg53 Starter

Did Griffin get both his Ints against the starters? I don't think he did.

Harper did not give up a bunch of big gainers in the preseason as you stated. That is just simply wrong.

Numbers of INTs are not indicative of how good a CB is. A lot of the best CBs rarely get tested therefore have weak INT numbers while CBs that get tested a lot have a whole lot more opportunity to get INTs.

Hell our worst starter for the past couple of years, Lamont Thompson, had a few INTs in preseason. Didn't change the fact that he sucked.

10. wg53

wg53 Starter

Wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar