Start Cook at WR if Britt is out for the year/long time

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GeronimoJackson, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

You just can't really see what he is doing away from the ball on TV, which is why I want to hear from someone at the stadium on what is going on with him.

2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I feel you bro...my post was in no way directed at anyone person; just threw it out there for the masses.

3. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Being a TE, he well suited to run seem routes and corner routes. These are patterns often run by a slot WR or 3rd WR. Here he can cause match up problems. He does not match up well playing against CB. A 1 or 2 WR with speed needs to be there. I think it is time for Hawkins to step up. But you are right; we need Cook on the field and put into the game plan more. Washington has really stepped it up this year but now that the focus moves away from Britt to him, we need help.

4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

So we work on it instead of giving up on him. Hawkins and D-Will are limited to what they can do and aren't scaring anyone. Cookie is a freak of nature so we spend some extra time and resources on getting him to get "it".

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Screw that. Put CJ at WR and have him streak every play. He can catch a thirty yard bomb along the sideline looking into the sun with a defender in his face and manage to get his feet in, but he's bottled up at the line every play and he can't catch it five to ten yards out.

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

At this point..CJ is hurting our team just as much he is helping it.

Our second drive today stalled because CJ tries to pull in a catch one handed on first down.

7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I agree...I put alot (the majority, actually) of our running woes on the O-line, but CJ's two drops (and this one particularly, since it looked to me like he was hot dogging the catch) really ticked me off.

He is supposed to be one of the league's "top playmakers". Maybe its me, but I think that a "top playmaker" should be able to make two 5 yard catches in open space, and turn them into a big gain. The fact that he is not performing in this facet of the game is becoming increasingly disturbing to me. Hopefully he gets his head back into it next week....

8. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

I'm not ready to give up on Cook yet but you are right about Allen. That dude is going to be amazing.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cook can line up in the slot but outside against a starting caliber CB just won't work.

The last damn thing we need to be doing is drafting another TE. As a group our guys are fine.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Who cares what the defense is expecting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar