Starhawk

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Preditan, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Preditan

Preditan --- --- --- --- Staff

STARHAWK
    [​IMG]

So I picked up this game the other day, having played its predecessor (Warhawk), expecting it to be about as good as Warhawk was. Needless to say, I was surprised as to how much better it is than Warhawk. The single-player is fun, although it is not the highlight of the game. However it is a good "training" campaign to play before you hit up what makes this game so special, the multiplayer.

I am all about multiplayer games (which seems to be the trend these days), and Starhawk is possibly the best multiplayer team-based game I have ever played. It really does take a team effort to win in each game, and what makes it unique is that each player can have their own role in terms of what they are doing to help their team to victory.

One of the fun features of multiplayer is being able to build your team's own base. Every player can build anything from watch towers, turrets, different buildings that make tanks and other vehicles, supply bases, and defense walls to keep the enemy out of your base.

It has gotten amazing reviews from the media and the public, although advertising for the game was really low, so not a lot of people actually know about it. Once everyone finds out about this gem, it could become a hit for PS3 owners.

[​IMG]

2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Been watching some streams of it. Seems like an interesting game, a fun concept to build your base up, offense, defense, flight mechs. Issues I've seen so far is lack of communication, especially when building. Another is that a good flyer can devastate a team of baddies by his lonesome.

Can't comment in depth about it since I haven't played, but that is what stuck out to me. The dynamic survival rounds vs NPC look pretty fun for coop.

3. Preditan

Preditan --- --- --- --- Staff

When you are building, everyone just kinda builds a building when it is needed. Since buildings can be destroyed by the opposing team, when one is destroyed, usually someone replaces it fast. I don't know that you need much communication for building, as people are mostly smart enough to know where to place certain buildings and where to place walls.

Flyers usually spend their time dogfighting, but if they have no one to dogfight with, they will definitely try to attack the ground, and there are tons of ways to bring down flyers, from auto-turrets, to man-controlled turrets, and guided-rockets.

The only frustrating aspect is when your team is getting pushed back and dominated, and they eventually push you back to your main base and just start spawn killing like crazy...but that just means that your team didn't do enough to prevent them from getting to your main base in the first place.

I hope they release a MP demo to give people a little taste of what Starhawk is all about.

4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Going to buy it today or tommorow.

I must have put 150 hours into Warhawk, but I was sure they would botch the sequal.

Simply because Warhawk was basically anti-call of duty.

Not a thing against COD, but in Warhawk, leveling was basically useless, no one cared about stats, the graphics wern't extraordinary by any means, it was just fun.

It wasn't a remarkable game, but it was just extremly fun to sit back and play. Which led to it having a cult following unlike any other. Last time I played the game about two months ago, there were still as many people playing as there was on day 1.

Hard to duplicate that feeling, but I guess they did it. Hopefully the building system adds a new dynamic. Kind of ironic too; in Warhawk my biggest complaint was that you could literally have no effect on the map at all, lol.

PS. Ravensshallburn a 360 fanboy? lol

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I am a 360 guy, but I'm friends with Preditan and had to "it sucks" him a bunch because he did so to me.

6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Game is very addicting.

Some stuff could use a nerf here and there.

Tanks tremendously OP. Literally only way to kill them is with another tank.

Tank sniping is also retarded.

Other than that, game is great. Most impresive thing id the framerate when the game gets crazy, never loses a step; makes the graphics 10x more impresive.

7. Toly

Toly Free your mind

I also put a lot of hours into Warhawk, it was a very fun game to play.

Starhawk demo was pretty good... definitely a big improvement over the original game. I think that I'll pick it up at some point.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I heard with Warhawk, and presumably Starhawk, that the learning curve is steep and coming in late to the show is frustratingly difficult.

9. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Just like in any multiplayer, you're going to be at a disadvantage when you come in late into the game. The difference with Warhawk was that it didn't give you any advantages based on your ranking. I liked that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar