Star Trek Prequel

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

except that it will not carry that designation

it's supposed to simply be titled "Star Trek"

3. If JJ Abrams produced a show or movie based on the phone book, I'd watch it...

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

haha, that's the exact same way I feel...

brilliant mind

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Maybe he will. Featuring Nathan Johnson ;)

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

His mind must have been on vacation for Cloverfield.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I swear, I'm not understanding the disappointment with Cloverfield. It's exactly what is was proported to be, and it's an excellent example of what it was proported to be.

It helps to know that the people whom I know that were unimpressed are the same ones who get upset at Wheel Of Fortune contestants.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

There is nothing brilliant about the movie. It was marketed extremely well, which got people interested.

Otherwise is it a movie of halves. Half a monster, half a plot, half the length.

What is so good about it? That you kinda see something in the dark tear up a city for 80 minutes, that cannot be stopped and then you have to read up on who, what, why and where the monster is what it is on google.

Sorry but that isn't worth paying $15 to see at the movies.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Pretty sure that was the point.. Big monster stomps NYC... What more do you need to know? Not saying this movie was that good, but it's still just a monster movie..
    Want more out of a CGI monster flick go rent THE HOST...

Maybe, but neither is the Spiderman3/Pirates3/Fantastic4/Rush Hour3 nonsense that everyone seems to love so much...

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Australian I'm giving you a warning, get three and you can forget about recess.:))

IDK, maybe I should have restated what I said, but I find brilliance in the way JJ writes and even more so markets his products...

if he was one of those late night infomercial guys I'd buy everything he had

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar