Star Trek Prequel

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Man i really liked Razor.

I've loved BSG. I'm suprised people think the third season sucked.

BSG has done so much right, Good character development (even for non-major characters), good special effects, bold chances with the storylines.

I was skeptical the way the second season ended, but I thought they did a great job with the story in the start of the third season. I'm skeptical again with the way the third season ended, but so far I've liked what the writers have done so I'm faithful that the 4th season will be great. I just hope it leads to a big screen motion picture!

2. Alex1939

My question about the prequel, is it really a reboot? I've read that in some articles but I don't see that from anything i've read script-wise.

Sounds like they are being true to the story from enterprise and the original series. I'm interested to see how it plays out, but I like that aspect of it. The casting will determine how the movie pans out, but I like Quinto as Spock.

The only thing that seemed untrue to the original series was having Chekov on the ship so early when he wasn't supposed to originally be around when Kirk took over the enterprise. :geek:

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Good god I hope we don't end up with AVP-like nonsense.. There is enough mindless Hollywood action forced on the public every year already.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Star Trek movies have been mindless and boring. They saved a whale one time. They need to amp it up a bit.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Actually, I didn't...I have no TV :eek: I have to buy DLs from iTunes if I want to see something....which is EXTREMELY rare. Oceanic Time Warner Cable has pissed me off in a huge way, so I returned their equipment with the universal symbol of brotherly love.:))

Kane: A symbolic name. Cain killed Abel; Admiral Kane was killed in Mutiny on the Bounty

Cloverfield: Judging from clues, I'm guessing that this is the name of a government/military project that went awry. See the beginning of the second trailer, linked in this thread.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Granted Star Trek, is SciFi-Action, but I will vomit if I see Spock spinning into some idiotic wire-fu moves. "Mindless" is the correct adjective for the action Hollywood cranks out these days. Who'da thunk'it that TV would be smarter than the Movies..
    There are books, and there are comic books. Hollywood can't differentiate the two so the book readers suffer..

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That's Star Trek geeks for ya. :grrhee:

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I didn't realize until just now, one of the bigger problems the franchise probably faces in the theater is that the trek characters are so closely tied to the actors in the series. Very few action movies are so closely tied to the actors. Anyone can be batman or spiderman for example. But nobody can just be captain Kirk. Unless of course, you do a prequel. But even so, the actor who plays that role has to nail down the mannerisms to pull it off.

This does remind me how much I liked Starship Troopers. My Father actually wanted to go see this at the theater, so I went, and thought it was the dumbest sci-fi movie ever when I saw it, but for some reason I watch it over and over and over again and I've come to appreciate the risks they took with it. Now I am playing the game Mass Effect and see all kinds of references to that movie. The movie has grown on me quite a bit. It can be pretty funny and innovative now that I see what they were trying to do.

9. Alex1939

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I am a huge Trek fan ... this is going to be so cool .. 11 huh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar