Star players we've passed on for average/scrub guys

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I just don't see why you'd want Hester when he is pretty much Pacman, an explosive return man that isn't great at covering. Even though Pacman was leaps and bounds better at covering than Hester will/would have ever been.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

What has Devin Hester done since 2007? six touchdowns out of 215 touches. None of those touchdowns being on kick/punt returns.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We must also mention the receivers he went against that season that make it remarkable. Basically the guy shut down:

Chad Johnson
    Andre Johnson 2x's
    Marvin Harrison 2x's
    Terrell Owens
    Laverneus Coles
    Santana Holmes
    and others that I can't remember at the moment.

All those guys were in their prime, too. And they were invisible when on Pacman's side of the field. Unfortunately... we had a guy named Reynaldo Hill on the other side.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

When did Pacman shutdown Chad Johnson? I only remember him playing him once and Johnson destroyed us. Check your facts.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No, Steve, Eddie, Wycheck Mason and Moss. We would have blown up the league in 2000. Think 85 bears type domination.

The 2000 Ravens had the best run defense of all time and what did we have to counter that? A power running game. A guy like Moss especially in his prime could have made 2 SBs worth a difference.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He allowed 6 receptions that season in Man/Man coverage. So at most- Chad would have had 6 receptions against Pacman. And since Pacman lined up against Andre, Marvin, etc 2x's... I highly doubt Chad had most those.

It was Reynaldo Hill that Johnson "destroyed". Again, this does go back to Fisher not being smart enough to play his best CB on the side of the best WR.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Hey hey, easy on the chosen one there. ;)

Anyway, Pacman won us that Jacksonville game with a KR (or Punt Return for a TD) an INT TD. He was a monster. Our defense played like 80% of that game.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I asked once and I'm asking again. Is there a source for these so called stats????

certainly NFL don't list them.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Finding it funny how many "pacman is awesome" supporters and seeing many that have "hated" on VY. Meanwhile VY is poised to breakout and Pacman is a return man only for the Bengals (correct if I'm wrong Cruds).

I've never understood the love for Pacman. No one has acted as clownish as this guy and (if you think he's good) screwed over this franchise as much, yet many of you still love him. But what has he proven? He sucked for the Cowboys. And I really think as far as his "shutdown" ability, he just greatly benefited from a weak 2nd CB that got picked on.

There are only 2 people in the NFL I actually want to get serious injuries, Ray Lewis and Pacman.

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

After Ryan Mouton and Finny tried to do punt returns, Captain Conservative Jeff Fisher decided that as long as we had someone back there who was able to catch the ball and nothing more, that would be considered playing not to lose, instead of playing to win and thats more of his MO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar