Stafon Johnson Suing USC Over Weightlifting Incident

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Stafon seems like a good guy and I'm pulling for him to make it in the NFL. But if this is nothing more than a cash grab I just lost a lot of respect for him. If it's true that the trainer struck the bar then he's fully justified in suing. I'd do the same thing. Still the timing seems a little strange. And I don't recall ever hearing about anyone else having anything to do with the accident. If that were me I'd be furious if a trainer caused me to drop a bar on my throat and I nearly died. I would've begun the process of suing a long time ago. The accident was almost a year and a half ago at this point.

Obviously I have no idea what really happened. It all just seems so out of the blue.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm figuring a lawyer got in contact and educated Stafon on his options. By getting hurt, Stafon lost a bunch of money by not playing that season due to the accident. Statute of limitations allows him to pursue this, so why not. There's no denying the accident cost him big, and almost cost him his life. If it can be proved that weightlifting coach Jamie Yanchar recklessly struck the bench press bar Johnson was lifting, Stafon could be saving a kid from the same negligence. Also being on USC grounds helps his case. I'd like to hear Damion Williams story, he was right there as it happened. This is America, sue people.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

yeah I read it. But when you screw up you try to find an escape goat to put the blame on. Seems to me that someone else would have been in there to see what really happened.
    There is always 3 sides to everything...your side, their side and then the truth.

I just saw what JC said about Williams being there. So hopefully he can set the record straight

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

It'll be interesting to see how things turn out. Besides the court case...I'm hoping SJ can be a great #2 back next year for CJ. We need somebody who can get more yards between the tackles. Those extra 1-3 yards backs get by falling forward and pushing the pile are huge and help keep drives alive.

5. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

scapegoat, the term is scapegoat

6. JCBRAVE

I smell settlement.

7. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

"Escape Goat" :grrhee:

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Ringer has been dismissed by so many of us, when he has performed admirably when called on. Higher YPC than CJ.

Stafon may have a chance to be good, but Ringer needs an opportunity to show himself with a regular load first. RBBC!!!

9. JCBRAVE

When we had LenDale, C.J. was able to go 100%. Now doing it alone, he's only going 3/4 speed, and it's showing. I agree, we need to get back to using multiple backs, and that should allow C.J. to gouge teams.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I wouldn't be upset at all with us

Trading down to mid-late 1st and getting Ingram

or picking Helu Jr. or John Clay later on. Somebody with some beef.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar