Stadium Upgrades...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PassTitansPass, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PassTitansPass

PassTitansPass Starter

The good: Large screens and ribbon screens were spectacular. Sound was surprisingly good, really enhanced the experience. Crowd entrance and exit is smoother. Is it my imagination or did the cheerleaders actually get better this year?

The bad: All of the old video cheers have been replaced, mostly by graphic-intensive, but highly annoying spots. New video cheers wear thin quickly. Pain Train is gone. 'Go Titans Go' is gone. 'Deee-Fense' is gone. Many odd music choices. Phil Vasser as the "house band"?

The ugly: While the screens are some of the best in the NFL, the information displayed is sorely lacking. The main screens do not display down and distance, only game time and play time - you have to check two screens to get complete information, highly distracting. Down and distance (along with game time, time outs, etc.) are only displayed on the center ribbon screen, and the font size makes some of the information confusing. No display of actual time. Other NFL games relegated to small section of ribbon screens.

The really ugly: Continuous incorrect stats. The scoreboard indicated that, prior to the half, Arizona had no timeouts left, when in fact they had one time out. Also, during game stats, one display indicated that Locker had two interceptions, when in fact he had none.

Suggestions: Immediately add down & distance, time-out info, etc. to main screens - they are the second largest screens in the NFL, you've got the room & the technology to do it. Intersperse some of the vintage cheers. Oh, and bring back Pain Train - he needs a gig.

2. Titandude

Titandude Stand Up Guy!

The new cheers are annoying! I do like the "first down" cheer though.

I agree that it is distracting to have to look at two different places to get all the information that a stadium fan is looking for. It will take a little adjustment for me to get used to it.

The stadium band is a nice concept. I wonder if Phil Vasser will be at every game.

Over all, the new additions to the stadium are very nice, and add to the game experience. Oh yeah, the sound system was very nice! Bravo!

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

My thoughts on this...

The ticket gates have been expanded. We got in extremely fast but the check-down now includes a hand-held metal protector which may slow things back down when the large crowds start coming in. There's still too many gates for women.

The video boards are awesome as are the ribbons. It's amazing how much it improves the game. I really wonder how they don't distract the players. I too kept looking the wrong direction for down and distance. Maybe that gets better in time but it was annoying.

The live music before the game and at the half is a nice addition. I hope they occasionally do some unique things at the half but I could live the rest of my life without seeing a field full of aerobic dancers.

The sound system is great and the music selections better. However, it began to get repetitive. I don't get needing to play some of the tunes multiple times and hope this is corrected. I also think the BLAST of music between plays was often annoying. Some of the music seemed to be at higher volumes which was so loud, I couldn't hear the radio broadcast without turning it up. Then, when the music stopped (often abruptly), the radio has to be turned back down. It's a matter of fading in and out the music a little better and leveling out the volumes.

As for the new graphics for things like "Defense", "Third-Down", "We Are Titans" etc. the cool mass of shields with the storm clouds was pretty cool but much of it got very repetitive. I can appreciate the team wanting to create some new things they hope the fans will embrace and participate but they were overused and more variety needs to be added and used less. The Preds do a great job of blending this kind of thing in with movie clips and other things which add variety.

Bud now wants $10 for a 24oz. import. I think it was only $8-$8.50 last season. KFC has been replaced by Bojangles (big whoop).

Cheerleaders went into the stands for a while to cheer in the aisles and had photos with fans.

Overall, I applaud the Titans for making the effort to improve the game day experience. It isn't as good as it could be but tons better than what it was.

4. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

They still have the video of Ric Flair?

5. ztro44

ztro44 Guest

I realize this is their first game with all the new equipment and everything, so I will give them a pass on the random blasts of music, they gotta work their kinks out just like the players.

HOWEVER, intro for Old time rock and roll for 3rd down to get the crowd pumped up?? Come on now, that is hilarious. Nothing says I am getting pumped up to yell like the intro to a Bob Seger song, no disrespect Mr. Seger your music is awesome. It actually did provide some entertainment value, as my friends and I were laughing pretty hard about it all night.

The atmosphere seemed to be lacking, but hey its preseason. I just never felt less pumped to be at a football game.

6. TitanJeff

Flair is gone. No more Pain Train though they play the song. One cool thing was the "Ring of Fire" (which is what I wanted the stadium to be nicknamed) because they ran fire graphics around the videos as they played Cash.

7. TitanJeff

How hard is it to mix in different music for that? It got real old, real fast.

8. ztro44

ztro44 Guest

Can't be too difficult, I could see them doing some good graphics with a song like hells bells on 3rd down, but that is just me.

9. TitanJeff

Even some sound effects would be nice. Just more variety and don't overuse it. They don't need to play the "third down" graphic on every third down. It seemed like they did last night.

One thing I did appreciate is not seeing the Charlie or Copier commercials they used to play on the jumbo trons. They have changed all of the contests in some way. I think all were improved.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

There's an easy way to improve it... go to all 30 other stadiums and steal everyone's best stuff.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar