Stadium Names

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanFan62702, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What are the names of the stadiums where the Oilers played in Memphis & the first year in Nashville?

2. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Liberty Bowl

Vanderbilt Stadium

3. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

The Oilers played in the Liberty Bowl in Memphis and played in Dudley Field on the Vanderbilt campus. The Titans then moved into Adelphia Coliseum for the 1999 season. Adelphia dropped its sponsorship and the Coliseum has not had a sponsor since.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Adelphia was scandel ridden was it not? The Coliseum got to keep that money I think...isn't that why there is no sponsership on it currently? I honestly don't know.

5. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Personally i like the name "The Coliseum".

6. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

When Adelphia could not pay its yearly fee, their name came down. The Titans have shopped the deal to many but the bloom seems to be off corporate naming rights. However, Nissan is moving its National Headquarters to Nashville and their top of the line truck is now called the "Titan". Would seem like a perfect match. I know Bridgestone/Firestone has turned down an offer. I too, like "The Coliseum"

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"the nissan coliseum" doesn't have a very good ring to it.

8. Perhaps we can get Italy to sponsor it. Then we can call it the Roman Coliseum...

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Let's just avoid any co-sponsorships by the Christian Coalition and the Lions Club. That wouldn't be too cool.

10. Yes, thumbs down to that... :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar