Stadium Atmosphere

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Deuce Wayne, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

Away games? I usually hit up a few of those every year. I'm even more obnoxious.

I hate every other SEC school.

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

LP field has always been "friendly" for the most part. There are not a lot of people screaming obesities to any game that i have been to, and non of my friends or coworkers have had problems either.

Ill take my kid to any game on any Sunday here in Nashville. Nashville has great fans and most are respectful.

3. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Thanks for this post.

And for those mentioning season tickets...I'm not exactly sure what point you're trying to make other than you're contributing to the soft environment and not being a feared stadium to play in.

Honestly it's a NFL football if people wanna get rowdy then let em. As long as they're not crushing peoples skulls dodgers style who's cares.

I went to the last ravens titans post season game and posted the next day how weak I thought the crowd was. Have we been neutered? Are we not men? Is this not what you came for!?!

As for people talking about they don't wanna hear their kids hear some cusswords...get real, they hear em at the school
    Or the Internet and well probably get access to all the things to obsessively try to stop at home.

Let's step it up in 2012...were gonna need all the help we can get with the opening schedule. Let's unleash the beast!!! Let's get the c-u-m what's it spell!?! Cum! Cause IT'S ALL OVER after Brady gets throttled and we have sweet beautiful revenge for the 59-0 game. The only way were gonna win is if that place is rocking. Leave the kids at home, grab a funnel, shotgun se brewskis and lets get THE JUNGLE ROCKIN!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Getting loud at an NFL game, trying to intimidate professional football players with a little noise, is just sophomoric; especially when the other people there just want to watch and enjoy the game.

It just is what it is. The whole noise thing belongs in college. In college football, the atmosphere can actually effect the game, and drive the players.

You think the players care how much you yell? On either team? No..

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's distracting. It's why we were so good at home for so long.

Not only does it shake the away team- it pumps the home team up.

You telling me a visiting team... if under a crowd like this- it isn't going to distract them?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKPO3a5iAys&feature=related"]Besiktas 'Welcome To Hell Manchester United' - YouTube[/ame]

Minus the flares, of course.

Teams in soccer admit it does. Not only the crowd- but visiting certain cities and countries. How the fans will pester them. There's no sleep.

Pretending it doesnt effect the game is simply wrong.

It causes false starts. We used to be league leaders and they'd always have the "crowd noise" decibel reader showing how QBs couldn't hear themselves at Adelphia.

The QBs for other teams would get frustrated. And during practices they'd try to simulate the same noise.

Also pumps the home team up far more.

6. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

A real sporting event is a soccer match in europe....

Home advantage is so big in soccer that in two legged matches, the away goals count for more (ie first tiebreaker) if the agregate score is tied.

7. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

It's completly different.

For starters, it is a country thing. If England said they were putting a team in the NFL, all the sudden, it is a national pride thing. That gives people a reason to cheer.

The key word here is: Professional.

I don't know much about soccer, but I know it isn't like the NFL.

Guys simply play for the team that is paying them. Hell, guys can play for 3 teams in a single season.

There is only so much hate you can bring to a game when the guys are simply wearing their jersies because that is the team willing to pay them.

Also, there isn't a single NFL stadium that can bring the noise like a D1 school's stadium. 95% of the players have been there done that.

Bringing half of the noise that they had in college isn't going to rattle anyone.

I remember seeing an interview with Peyton Manning on Youtube a few weeks ago. He talked about his first game and laughing at how much less noise there was then at Neyland.

Also, soccer as a sport is warped and illogical in every way as it is, no reason to expect their idiotic Euro fans to be any different.

Rioting over a professional sport, seriously?

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Noise contributes to lack of communication. Which leads to false starts, delay of games, and other issues.

Noise is a good thing at a game. I am not a fan of swearing but if you have a problem with someone yelling at a game and trying to be a distraction and cheering for their team, you should be watching it at home.

Thats my opinion.

You dont think that noise has any effect on visiting teams?

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

10 char

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lol if you think it has no effect, you've never been to those games with a great crowd.

Teams used to hate playing in Nashville and had no problems admitting it.

And it's not that different- outside of their fans being more passionate.

It's not a country thing. It's a city thing. And we have cities with teams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar