Stadium Atmosphere

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Deuce Wayne, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Naah. Just stay away from Russia, but that shouldn't be a problem for a born and raised communist-hater.

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

This is true. I had 40 yard line seats... 2nd row.. in the 300s.. on the Titans side during the 2009 playoff game... It literally felt like an earth quake was going on because the fans were so loud and pumped up. I barely saw any Ravens fans.. which if you go to LP and sit in the 300s nowadays, it could be 70/30 titans fans or 50/50... depending on the team and our record.

The only time i can remember that kind of stadium intensity was way back in 2001.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't have any kids, but I would be somewhat hesitant to take them to the game --- just like I wouldn't take my kids to the bar.

I just don't see what drunk people screaming nonsense ads to the game.

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

Noise

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Chants, people jumping on metal bleachers, etc = noise.

Guy in the top row of the stadium screaming "Make the effin' tackle" and spilling his beer regardless of whether tackles were missed or not doesn't really add to anything.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I expose my kids to everything and teach them right from wrong, because thats the world. Its a messed up place and not everything is gum drops and rainbows. I feel like parents are hurting their kids by sheltering them. Theyre the best kids ever. Polite, even tempured, just really awesome little people. They know how to act and see idiots all day and get a good laugh out of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. XO

XO Nevada Native

People drink at games. I'm usually drunk and/or high when I show up and continue the fun when I get there.

I do not sit down. I chant, I yell.

I don't curse a lot anyway so that isn't a problem.

I spent 6 years standing in the bleachers of the student's section at Tennessee. I know how to be a fan. I'm dying for a MLS team in Nashville. I will be first in line for season tickets and membership in the biggest, rowdy... est supporters club we have.

Flask in pocket. Joint in my cigarettes.

#1 fan

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

No, any truth to it or just "i heard this and that"

Couldnt find any articles online about it when I was searching either.

9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

And thats not a problem. People should NOT be asked to sit down and I also dont believe 99% of the stories i hear about it because I know people who go to every single game, ive been to several games, and not once have I seen this happen. Im sure it does sometimes but people are acting like they "have to sit on their hands" during a game, and im calling BS on it. It may happen, but only an idiot would think that "those old people who dont want you to cheer" are why the stadium cannot match 99-00 loudness.

"sit down and stop cheering" Umm.... no. I would tell that person to stand up and start cheering.

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

You didn't have fun cheering on all the other SEC teams?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar