Stability, Stability, Stability...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by petergriffin16, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I agree with 91% of this.

My only issue is what if Whiz wins a Fisher-like 6 games and buys himself another year by maybe getting past the jags or other bottom feeders, is it earned?

The way MM is playing, he has no Rookie QB excuse, this is on Whiz.

That's why I say cut bait

2. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

You would have a point but can you really call these home games? I mean at the end of the day there are just as many fans in the stands for the opposing teams as the Titans fans? lol

Just saying...

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think it all depends on what kind of a 6-win team we are. Like I said, if we're still losing a bunch of games due to playcalling and general gameplanning send him packing. But maybe Whis makes some changes on his end.

I'm torn because I do think he's a decent HC and has no doubt made us a more competitive team. On the other hand it's just not showing up in the win column and losing back-to-back games because of lame playcalling (again my opinion) is pretty inexcusable in the NFL.

I'm not totally off the Whis train but I've got one foot hanging off and it's gonna take some serious improvement on his end to get me all the way back on board.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

The worst part about that is, 2 of the 3 losses were during this homestretch. It's going to get a lot tougher when we have to go on that long stretch on the road. We need to get our offense in gear while we have the home crowd at our back.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

W lost home field when the team kept losing home games we should have won. And that happened years ago.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Yeah I just mentioned that because its definitely the situation. However, you look at some of the other franchises that has had just as many woes winning as us like the Raiders and the fans still show up...

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

The Raiders, despite their recent woes, have multiple Super Bowls to their name and a long history in the league. That makes a big difference when it comes to fan enthusiasm IMO.

If the Titans had won championships, they'd have a more rabid fanbase. If the Titans had been in Nashville for 30+ years, they'd have a more rabid fanbase. But in the grand scheme of things we're still a relatively new team with only a handful of really strong seasons.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

They remember the joy of Lombardi trophies. We remember one yard short. It's a mutual thing. The fans checked out long after the team did. Who wants to pay outrageous ticket prices to drive home feeling like a loser while team just keeps making stupid mistake after stupid mistake from the top of the organization all the way down.

9. Titan Bill

Titan Bill Titan Branded 4 Life Tip Jar Donor

Stability works when the team is winning. See the tenure of the last 7 SB winning coaches at the time they won their first SB with that team. Based on this trend we should expect a SB win next year!!!!

Belicheat won last year....but won his first SB as part of 2001 season (1 year after hire)
    Pete Carroll hired 2010 - SB win 2013 season (3 years)
    John Harbaugh hired 2008 - SB win 2012 season (4 years)
    Coughlin hired 2004 - SB win 2007 season (3 years)
    McCarthy hired 2006 - SB win 2010 season (4 years)
    Payton hired 2006 - SB win 2009 season (3 years)
    Tomlin hired 2007 - SB win 2008 season (1 year)

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Eh...I can go with that...but none the less it's still part of the problem though. That's really the only point I'm trying to make. It's like a vicious circle of death.

The team lost much of its fan base -> the fan base wants the team to perform better at home -> the team needs help making it harder for opposing teams to win in their home -> fans won't show up until the team performs better -> Team continues to lose games it should win lol

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that's the only reason they loose. The issues of this team is well documented. I'm just saying every little bit helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar