Spy-gate

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Specter continues to put the heat on the league and Goodell. I love it. He smells BS and isn't backing down from the league solidarity.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3259486

(I was surprised I couldn't find a dedicated thread on spygate)

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Most are in the NFL news.

I still don't think anything will come of this but I love a little heat on Goodell.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

agreed, however I feel like the good senator has better things to do

4. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

Senators don't like to be jerked around and Specter has weight--he could make this a deal...

And the anti-trust exemption is a pretty big deal, and for whatever reason (probably face time) Senators take this pretty seriously.

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Exactly. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Goodell, it seems to me like the senator doesnt have his priorities in order.

6. Larry

Larry Camp Fodder

I have a strong dislike for Goodell and his coverup/handling of spygate as well of his dealings with Pacman ( as much as I think he is a piece of crap) Goodell is not the kind of man who should be heading up the league, I look forward to his demise.

7. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

I'm not sure what more important the Ranking Minority member of the Judiciary Committee has to do. He sent some staffers out to do some fishing on something that effects the integrity of a (probably) trillion dollar industry.

I am not a big fan of Sen. Specter, but I don't mind his fishing on this. It is probably good for him politically in Penn, and he has a lot of free time since he lost his Committee Chair position.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Well there are rules about getting into politics on this board, so I wont go into it, other than to say, look at Spector's connection to comcast. THen consider that Comcast has issues with the NFL with regards to the NFL network, and the NFL only gives Direct ticket to Direct TV. I dont doubt for a second that this is to benefit Spector, more than the country.

And to be clear. I do think it should be investigated. But it should be investigated by the NFL, or the NFL should hire an outside firm to investigate it. I dont think our federal government has any business getting involved with this. I mean, if a team wears spikes that are too long is congress going to investigate that? WHere does it stop. I think its naive to not think that that many teams in the league dont do their best to gain some type of advantage, and I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if many teams skirt the rules to do that. I just dont think its an issue that our Federal government should care about.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I hope the Senator represents his constituents on this issue. They want to know the truth.

10. Nine

Nine Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar