Spring Mailday Thing 08

Discussion in 'Memorabilia' started by titanbuoy, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

Yessir I'm liking the Rozier a lot.
  2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Those Oilers uni's are sweet. Almost looks like Vince in an old luv ya blue throwback uni.
  3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

It's no longer spring but here we go...

Justin Gage 2003 UD Pros & Prospects 158/350
    [​IMG]
    always like the senior bowl jersey cards

Algae Crumpler 2004 Topps Pristine All-Pro Endorsements Auto Jersey
    [​IMG]
    first Crumpler addition...

Cortland Finnegan 2005 SP Authentic Gold RC 20/25
    [​IMG]
    Sweeeeeeet. Big pick-up of one of my favourite players. Finnegan only appeared in two brands in 2005, SPA and Sweet Spot.

Lendale 06 SPX Auto/Jersey 1381/1650
    [​IMG]
    not a big fan of the brand, but I'm a big fan of the player. It's actually a pretty nice piece in hand.
  4. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Damn you. I wanted that card SOOOOOOOO bad.
  5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Finish up with a couple of vintage

Walter Suggs 1964 Topps RC
    [​IMG]
    Beautiful condition vintage card, sharp corners, glossy... damn even the back looks great. Suggs was an ALL-AFL lineman for many seasons, but like many players who played virtually their entire career in the AFL prior to the merger, Suggs is pretty much forgotten. Fellow Oilers Jim Norton, George Webster and Charlie Hennigan also fall victim to the same thing. It's even worse for old Oilers players as much of the fan base for these Oiler greats eroded after the team moved from Houston. Boo.

Eddie LeBaron 57 Topps
    [​IMG]
    Doug Flutie (fifties version)
  6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Unless you were willing to bid quite a lot, you had no shot. :wink2: I've been waiting on one ofthose to come up for auction for what seems like forever.
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Do you guys hit eBay for most of your cards?

My son is wanting to expand his collection. I don't know if he can touch the jersey or autograph cards but I'd like to find some decent sources for nice cards he can snag for under $10.
  8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

You can't beat eBay for good prices on cards. For the most part Titans cards are in relatively low demand. Other than LenDale and Vince pretty much anyone on the current rosters auto can be had for less than ten dollars (often less than five).

The best way to gauge how much to pay for a card is to check completed auctions. For example search Lendale auto* and then look down the left side of the page for the completed auctions option... click it and then click search again. This will show you all the completed listings for the past few months within your search criteria. On the top of the page you'll notice a pull down menu that allows you to select how you'd like your search to be sorted... select "lowest ending price" first.

Figure out which players you'd like to add to your son's collection and go nuts. Keep the searches as inclusive as possible (unless you find you get way too many hits).

Doing a little work like this to figure out the market may be a pain but it will save you a bunch of coin.

Titans auto* and Oilers auto* are always fun searches to see what type of hits you get. (the asterisk after the word auto expands the search to include longer versions of that word... in this case you'll also get cards with the word autograph... not sure how well known that is... forgive me if I'm stating the obvious).

As I'm sure you know if you ever have a question about a card feel free to ask. My head is filled with useless knowledge.
  9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

You can deff get some jerseys for around or under 10, you just gotta look, low numbered and patch jerseys are usually what makes a card so high priced. But yes, eBay is your best bet
  10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Good stuff. Many thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.