Sports Illustrated's 1st Round Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by FightinTitan, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

The only recievers I wouldn't mind us taking rd one are Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett, and Jed Ginn. Possibly Bowe, but I haven't really seen enough of him. I'd be surprised if more than one of the first three I mentioned was still there at 19, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they all were gone (I know CJ won't be there) If they're gone, we need to go with DB.

2. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

I don't think we would take Ginn either

I agree, but also, good DL = better DBs

so they could both work, plus our 2nd rounder

3. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Blalock's stock is dropping, he had a bad week at the Senoir Bowl- I don't think he can play OT at the NFL level, but he may be a good OG...

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well..

I'd just about guarantee that one (or maybe two) of those 4 WR's (CJ, Bowe, Jarrett, Ginn Jr) will be available at 19...most likely it's Jarrett (and maybe Ginn or Bowe). We'll know more after the comine when they run.

Gut

5. ginn is going to explode because of his combine numbers, he ran i think a 4.29 or 4.28 comming outta highschool

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Every guy I've seen go to Indy who's had a supposed 4.2 40 time have not broken the 4.30 range in recent years. I heard Deion did, but I didn't follow the draft and stuff that closely back when he was coming out.

Josh Wilson also has run as fast as a 4.28 40 so we'll see how quick these guys are (off a superfast track).

Gut

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I agree. It's funny how a lot of players always turn out to be a couple of inches shorter, a number of pounds heavier/lighter and a couple of fractions of a second slower than they're reported in college.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yes...

I'm not sure what's better...to claim you can run a 4.2 so you get put high up on draft boards only to run a 4.45 and drop a bit because of the difference.

Or, to say you run 4.55 and maybe be just another CB and see how far up a draft board you can go by running a faster than expected 4.45.

Either way, I don't put any stock into anyone who says they have 4.2 speed til I see them run an official 40!

Gin is fast though and it'll be interesting to see just HOW fast. If he is not in the 4.3 range he won't go in the first rnd I don't think.

Gut

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i dont see why he wouldnt go in the first if he doesnt run in the 4.3 range. all you have to do is watch a game and you see he pulls away from everyone.

with that said, he will run a 4.3. he was a track champ in high school and knows how to get out of the blocks. a lot of guys have slow 40s because they stand straight up or stumble getting out of their stance.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

No. Ginn is fast. He pulls away better than most. The questions are 1) How will his injury affect him long term 2) Is he going to be a great WR, or only a good WR with deep speed and 3) Is he committed to being a receiver worthy of a first-round pick, or is he thinking he wants to be a cornerback deep down?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar