Special Teams concern

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Don't get me wrong, I'm giddy with the win today. I honestly don't know how any quarterback was able to throw a halfway accurate pass in that wind. I also don't know how Bironas made it look easy.

With that being said, there are some major concerns with our special teams especially when it comes to defending kickoff and punt returns.

How many times is Hentrich going to have to make the tackle? How many times can we rely on our defense to make up for the other team starting on our end of the field? I think we've been lucky so far that we haven't had more points scored against our special teams this year.

This is an area that needs to be addressed and Alan Lowry needs to have our special teams spending overtime to try and improve.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yes this is a huge concern. If we played a high scoring team we'd be talking about this the most.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Watching the highlights, Hentrich did a brilliant job on the hold for the Field Goal.

4. The Playmaker

I'm worried about punt coverage.

5. Greg

Greg Camp Fodder

The punt coverage is a little disconcerting.

6. The Playmaker

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Special teams seemed better last year, but a huge setback so far this season. Especially kick coverage. They don't seem to know where they should be, or how to tackle. They have no Rocky Boiman types....frustrating...

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Donnie Nickey showing off again. All he does is make plays on special teams

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's a serious concern, and a HUGE dropoff from last season. I don't know what happened, and I'm tempted to blame paul williams, even though it seems that NO ONE has it together on our coverage units.

10. The Playmaker

I'm also kind of worried about kick returns. Carr had a nice one yesterday but nothing the first game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar