Source: Bengals close to bringing back Henry

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Wrong.

January 30, 2006: Henry was arrested in Orlando, Florida for multiple gun charges including concealment and aggravated assault with a firearm.[15] He was reported to have been wearing his #15 Bengals jersey at the time of his arrest. Henry pleaded guilty and avoided jail time in both cases.

June 3, 2006: Chris Henry was pulled over outside on Interstate 275 at 1:18 a.m by Ohio Highway Patrol trooper Michael Shimko. At 2:06 a.m. Henry voluntarily submitted to a breathalyzer test at Milford Police Department and registered a .092 blood-alcohol level, .012 above the level permitted in the state of Ohio.

January 25, 2007: Henry plead guilty to charges of providing alcohol to minors, an incident that occurred at a hotel in the spring in 2006. He was sentenced to 90 days in jail, with all but two of those days being suspended.

Those 3 things are 100% proven to have done combined with like 10 allegations and or arrests. Yea I'm sure he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time in all of those instances. It's not hard to not get arrested or to not get in trouble with the law yet Henry manages to all the time. Even if most of his instances are just allegations, well it's not hard to not be not linked to a crime. I've never been alleged to have done something illegal and I'd bet most people here haven't either.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I understand he HAS BEEN GUILTY in the past. The Bengals terminated his employment for the ALLEGATIONS that he assaulted a person. The point is- he has already been punished according to policy for those other conduct policy violations and he was re-instated. He served his punishment.

The event that resulted in his termination turned out to be an apparent false allegation because the charges were dismissed. How can a player be expected to improve his conduct record (behavior) if he is going to be punished for any frivilous allegation? That is the major flaw I have in how Goodell and the league administer the conduct policy.

You sir, are a classic case of mob mentality.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

80% of those guys arent in locker rooms. T.O. made the Eagles better. Moss made the Patriots better. Wonder what Baltimore would have done without Lewis? Pacman will make the Cowboys better. Dillon made the Patriots better. Meanwhile - The Eagles got worse without their "cancer". The Raiders did no better without theirs. The Titans got worse in returns, and Harper gave up tons of plays that Pacman would have made a huge play on.

It's a stupid idea. Football players don't even have to like each other, but once they're on a field, it all changes. Ask anyone that's played on a team. You can hate a guy, but when you're on the field/court, etc - it's high-fives and smiles as long as you're winning/producing.
    The NFL is no different. More than half these guys are not Saints by any means - TONS of them have charges pressed against them, so you think they're offended or worried about so-and-so's off the field problems when they put the helmets on???

Seriously - think about it logically. Have you ever been unable to perform to your best ability at your job because the guy next to you does something you don't like OUTSIDE of work?
    Of course not. Why would it be different anywhere else? Shaq and Kobe didn't like each other. They did OK. Dennis Rodman was a cancer, how'd that Bulls team do??

It's stupid. No other way to put it.

2 words kill this entire "locker room cancer" talk:

Dallas Cowboys.

How many cancers did they have on a single team during the 90s dynasty? I can count 3 at least. But TALENT is what's important. TALENT wins games. Not character. If you care more about character than talent - the NFL simply isn't for you.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Wow petty insults, the last refuge of a desperate man. How old are you? I'll continue when you decide to grow up. In the mean time I'll debate with more mature people.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yea Pacman's talent really helped us win a lot of games last year.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Take your ball and go home, huh?

Well just for shiz and giggles, how about responding to the points that were made? Specifically, do you feel he deserved to lose his job for the apparent false allegation? If so, how do you justify the league having re-instated him after he served his punishment for those prior offenses for which he was legally proven guilty?

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Uh. Last I remember, he wasn't instated last season. Could be a bit of the reason.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I didn't take my ball anywhere I'm just not going to play with the kid who can't act his age.

But yea I'll answer your question.

He deserved to lose his job for MULTIPLE run ins with the law. If I have a job where I'm in the public spotlight and I get arrested all the time and have multiple run ins with the law it reflects very poorly on my employer.

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yea... that's the point.

If he wasn't getting in trouble then he would be with us. If the "talent" is getting suspended they don't help you win too many games now do they?

10. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Bi-polar is correct we should have signed the guy. Gage and Jmac cannot get seperation and before everyone piles on vince we could use at least 1 nfl wr that can get open and catch. Henry maybe a turd but he is better than anything we have by a mile

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar