Sounds looking elsewhere to play ?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Puck, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Not too many high schools have parks which seat a few thousand.

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Memphis is triple A.

I have read that if the city finds the sounds in default, they could let the developer go ahead and build the stadium, and then try to bring in a new team to play there.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Not to mention, I doubt a major league team wants its million dollar prospects having to use high school facilities.

4. Scotty35

Scotty35 Guest

The Sounds would be better off if they built a stadium down South like in Franklin. i know the Mayor would not mind.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

that is not what it says
    Streuver Bro.s really wants nothing to do with the ballpark anyway

there interest is in the Condo /Hotel / Retail development surrounding the park. Now, they've got a few more acres to build on.

building a ballpark to try and lure a minor league affiliate would be a bad business decision, .... unless they were trying to lure an MLB team here, and that's not the case

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Yeah that stadium is a site to see. That the Lookouts (Reds) Stadium I believe. I know there's another stadium by that skate park, maybe they moved..

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I know. Is there a need to seat a few thousand for a minor league game? I couldn't imagine more than 200 people showing up to those per game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar