Sorry, you guys are stuck with me for a while

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Code, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If you are referring to Collins, let's take a look at the final five minutes of the game.

Collins got the ball with 2:50 left. The holding on the return puts the ball on the Titans 18. (Again, special teams screws the pooch as the Titans would have had the ball on the 28).

Collins hits Gage for 12. (This means the Titans would have had the ball on the 40 without the return penalty)

On the next two plays, Collins has pressure on him and has to throw the ball away. I don't see how anyone can blame Collins for that. He was running for his life and it didn't appear there was any checkdown to go to which is the head-scratcher for me since it was obvious the Steelers were going to blitz.

On the third down, he goes to Gage deep down the middle. It wasn't the greatest pass but I thought Gage has a chance.

So here is where we have another special teams breakdown and Hentrich punts it only 28 yards. If it had been from the Titans 40, at least the Steelers start from their own 32 instead of their own 42.

You can't blame Collins for not producing when the Titans are on their own four with less than a minute.

So, the way I see it, special teams made two errors on the only offensive opportunity the Titans had late in the game which probably cost the Titans defense, at least, 25 yards of field position. If the Steelers are starting from their own 15-20 instead of their own 42, the complexity of the game changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar