Sorry SEC haters...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by jplusip, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Actually kansas State could fall all the way to 10th or even more. They lost to an unranked team with a losing record going into that game by by 28 points.

What carries more weight, A&M's 2 close losses to LSU and Florida or K-state's one blow out loss to an unranked team? And remember Florida St. and Clemson only have one loss each. So K-state might be ranked below 10th.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Wrong.

Miliner will be a first rd draft pick when he comes out. One draft service has him ranked as the top DB in the 2013 draft if he comes out.

And both Mettinberger and Manziel made unbelievable perfect throws in those 2 games with no turnovers. Who could have stopped some of those plays? Peyton Manning could not have thrown the ball more accurately than Manziel did in that game and Swope made incredible catches.

Biggest problem for Bama's pass defense is that they are not rushing the passer quite as good as last year. Hubbard and Dickson are good but not studs. Also A&M has probably the best pair of OTs in the country.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

There is no major shock here. Everyone knew the Stanford game was going to be hard for Oregon. Stanford is a strong, well built team. And the game was for first place in the Pac-12 North. The Kansas State loss comes off as a bit of a shock given it was to Baylor. With RG 3, Kendall Wright and comapny gone Baylor is back to being, well, Baylor. Kansas State is a team with decent talent that is very well coached. This season is another example of how good a coach Bill Snyder is. If anyone deserves to coach in a stadium that is named after them it is him.

As nice a story as the 2012 K State team is they were still never national championship material. And Baylor is not exactly a terrible team. It is not like K State lost to Kansas. Kansas is a team with very little talent that is not very well coached. Charlie Weis was a mistake hire. His experience is mainly with NFL and top college programs. I am not sure he is cut out to deal with the kind of talent, or lack thereof, that Kansas attracts.

Notre Dame is no lock to go undefeated either. They still have to get by USC who still have talent and an excellent coaching staff. USC ALWAYS gets up for Notre Dame. Most teams do. Everyone hates Notre Dame. USC especially hates them. At the end of a disapointing year those USC guys will be working hard to keep Notre Dame out of the title game.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It's funny how the Dunces and TitansErick of the world root for 110+ teams but it is still SEC SEC SEC every year.

I hate Bama and Georgia but I think I'd rather see Bama so Georgia will never have a BCS title. Also would rather Bama win than Notre Dame for the sheer joy of rubbing it in Dunce (and all those like him in the world) face that the SEC SEC SEC is unstoppable.

5. Inaccurate Passer

Inaccurate Passer Starter

Georgia has a Boise State schedule

6. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Being a conference fanboy is stupid. As a Duke basketball fan I want every team in the ACC to lose every year. If Duke doesn't win I don't want anyone in the ACC to win.

It's called having real rivals. I would never in my life be happy that UNC won a championship. Cheering for a conference just means that your team sucks and will never win a title.

7. The Hammer

LOL

I just have a hate for Notre Dame. I do have a lot of respect for Brian Kelly. He came up the hard way and has done well for himself considering.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

What's the difference? Either way I'm not happy to see Bama be a dominate program again.

I'm going to have to deal with bammer fans regardless. It's as bad as it gets when Bama fans are telling me "we feel sorry for how far your program has fallen."

Might as well not hear from the Big10 (and other) idiots that think the SEC is overrated. Just as soon get it from one state instead of hearing crap from around the country.,

in other words... YOUR POST SUCKS. There truly aren't "conference" fans but we do love to make fun of the rest of the country that thinks they are on the level of the SEC SEC SEC.

9. The Hammer

I am pulling hard for Ohio state to go undefeated. I do not really like Ohio State but I think it would be amazing if the only undefeated team was a team on probation. :biglaugh:

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I hate ohio state's annoying fan base almost as much as UTjr.. although UTjr fans are starting to get a soft spot in my heart because they remind me of my friends crazy uncle that has Alzheimers that keeps talking that one time they did something awesome when no one else was really paying attention.

Needless to say.... I got 9/2 odds for $100 on an SEC team winning the the natl championship. I still think you put SEC championship winner (bamma i hope) vs. ND.. that is if ND does F up.. and that is best case scenario for me.. because if you put a Brian Kelly offense vs a legit bama defense... I'll take my chances with that all day long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar