Soooo....when will moves start to happen?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ammotroop, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I know stuff wont start until after the SB, but is there an official date? I am curious as to when things are going to exciting again!!! LOL....I hate not being in the playoffs.....!

2. The new league year starts on March 1 (give or take depending on the calendar). That's when teams have to be under the cap, free agents become available, bonuses come due, etc.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Coaching moves are already happening...

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

March 1

Last day for clubs to take out options for 2007 on all players who have option clauses in their 2006 contracts.

March 2

Free agency period begins

Travis Henry will need to be restructured by March 1 otherwise we'll owe him an $8.2 million bonus.

5. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

ik everyone wants Lamont Thompson gone but he had 73 tackles and 3 picks this yr. which makes me think they might still keep him as a back up fs still. i wanna see him replaced and im sure he will be im just wonderin if they will cut him or keep him as a backup. i thought at the beging of the season they resigned lamont to a 3 yr deal, but i could be wrong. does anyone remember that happing?

6. Yes, they idiotically picked up his option bonus to extend his contract...

7. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

i bet they just make him the backup then atleast instead of cutting him. cause im sure there would be a cap hit if they did.

8. There wouldn't be any significant cap difference whether the keep him or cut him (unless they cut him after June 1, anyway). The dead money would only be slightly more than his base salary that would disappear.

9. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

i was thinking what about picking up Charles Grant as a de in free agency. im pretty sure he is a fa...but wow that would be a nice pick up, hes a solid and young de that could go good with kvb.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

that makes him sound expendable to me. :greedy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar