Soon as Fisher is gone

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by razordaman, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I think Perry Fewell would be a good candidate. We've got players similar to what he's been working with on the Giants' defense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

McRath and Tulloch aren't bad our D-Line doesn't take up blocks so they always have to take on blocks. Our LB's were good when Haynesworth was here because he took on 2 lineman and nobody on this D-Line is big enough to do that.

Our DE's have no discipline whether that is by design or their own fault but it is horrible. I don't understand how they can't see it is not working.

Hope is horrible no arguement here. Griffin isn't that much better at times but it all starts up front. I blame Cecil for our secondaries regression as well.

Nate is fine as a slot WR but we need a better #2 like say.....Randy Moss. To bad our coaches were born without an imagination.

Our whole interior line is horrible. I wouldn't care if all 3 left.

CJ's play is a direct result of our awful interior line. He can only do so much when he can't get momentum because our O-Line has been pushed back our got no push.

We need Perry Fewell, A new QB, CB, SS, and Lines on both sides of the ball. Other than that were set.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Where did you get that idea from? Is it because the Giant's former coordinator Steve Spagnuolo is doing so well in St. Louis, or because Perry Fewell was an interim head coach in Buffalo? I don't like anyone tied to Tom Coughlin, let that be known.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Too bad Fisher won't ever get gone.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

First of all, it's sad that people think Cowher is a realistic possibility (and with Wade Phillips as a co-ordinator, ha!). Come back to reality, folks.

I agree that Fewell has worked with similar personnel in New York, but I see nothing to suggest that he's a legit head coaching candidate. His defense in Buffalo was terrible and we shouldn't forget that.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You're only as good as your players. The Bills are possibly the least talented team in the league.

7. Johnnyrex

Johnnyrex Starter

I totally disagree on Nate. You people tend to remember his last drop but seem to have short memories about the good plays he had.

How about his catch in Dallas where he gave us a TD on that long ball between two defenders on what was supposed to be a interception on VY?

Last game? Why not going after Britt, he also had a drop and a FUMBLE!!

Nate has been solid this year (in contrast with last year), he is our leading receiver. Not saying he doesn't have room to improve, but if you are gonna dump Nate, you better start off with everyone on offense, except maybe CJ.

8. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

What are Hope's off field issues?

9. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

If I were Bud Adams and I finally fried the Fish...

1. Include the rest of the coaching staff as well, but make Washburn an offer to say with a raise.

2. Hire Jim Harbaugh: I would pay him a salary equal to that of Fisher (which I'm sure is massive) and give him some sort of incentive laden contract which will escalate with playoff wins or SB wins. Also he should be guaranteed some amount of organizational control, perhaps an option to receive GM control after a given amount of time.

3. Have Harbaugh do a very through evaluation of VY on the field and also a hard core mental evaluation. If he feels he can work with VY and mold him into a franchise QB then we keep VY and move along. If not we cut/trade VY and move on.

4. Have Harbaugh do whatever he can, short of a reach around, to recruit Ron Rivera... his old teammate to coach the D. Or anyone other than Cecil that can coach a 3-4, Mike Nolan possibly.

5. Cut Scaife, Nickey, Hope, Gage, Ball. Trade or cut Amano. Trade Tony Brown (he won't fit the 3-4 and has some value).

6. Make the switch to the 3-4. Move Griffin to Strong Safety, Move Jason Jones to DE.

7. Be extremely active in free-agency, with the money we saved by cutting ties with the above listed turds. Aim for all defensive players that will fit the 3-4 perhaps Woodley or his type. Sign a fat body to play the nose hopefully one will be there in free agency if not draft one.

8. Try to re-sign Moss offer him fair money but nothing crazy. If he signs elsewhere we are in line to receive a compensatory pick, win win.

9. Draft If VY is gone: We go after a top QB. Harbaugh should have the option to move up and take his boy Luck if he desires, if not stay put (probably in top 10 and draft Mallett). Draft sort of hybird CB/S to play free safety in the 2nd. Draft a real center in the 3rd, you can generally find very good centers in the 2nd and 3rd. Find a hybrid OLB/DE rush LB in the 4th, there should be good ones available there.

10. Draft If VY stays: We shoot for a stud CB or WR. Follow above steps for subsequent rounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXeHsbHI0qU

10. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

Why should the incoming coach be saddled with the previous regime's mistakes ... clear the deck and hire a player personnel person ... get rid of reinfeldt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar