Soon as Fisher is gone

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by razordaman, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Wade Phillips is not a head coaching candidate for any team.

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I agree I was just saying that I've seen it mentioned in two or three threads. If Wade Phillips comes anywhere near my Titans I'm gonna cry more then Vince Young if he played in Philly.

3. aws090883

aws090883 Camp Fodder

i know its a rumor but i heard today at work that adams offered cowler the job and wade would be willing to be the d cordinator for him........i highly dout its true but it was interesting to hear that.because i would not turn that down if true.i think at this point though i would entertain any new head coach because im ready for change......

4. Finnebosch

It would be interesting to have Cowher as the head coach but I don't think he would come to Tennessee if Adams was going to shackle him with Vince Young.

5. aws090883

aws090883 Camp Fodder

but what i think would help is the fact that cowher would not hide around the media and get in vinces face and get him motivated....i do think that cowher dont play games like fisher does your either in or out and i think thats the way it needs to be.....i would like the addition but like i said i highly dout it would happen....but the guy at work did say that he heard adams took a flight out to meet moss when he was released and said we would sign him so who really knows........

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Bill Cower as a head coach would set this team back a few years. Big time personnel changes on defense to go to the 3-4 and CJ would still be smashed into the line of scrimmage 20+ times a game.

7. aws090883

aws090883 Camp Fodder

maybe but who knows how many years we are set back with any other coach...i think with a coach of his status would show we need to win now.i dont see adams going with a young guy who has iffy results.we know what we get out of a vet coach like him and i would take him over 90 percent of the other coaches we could get...id be happy with gruden as well.

8. Finnebosch

We've waited 17 what's 3 more? Also I don't remember Wille Parker being slammed up the gut 20+ time a game when Cowher was the HC of the Steelers. That was the Buses job.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm just saying people who think this team has the talent to be good and it's not just because of coaching and expect an immediate turn around with a new coach will be sorely disappointed when we have to completely re-tool on defense.

And Willie Parker had a lot of games with 20+ carries. 27 by my count during his three 1,000 yard plus seasons.
    http://www.nfl.com/players/willieparker/gamelogs?id=PAR468944&season=2005
    http://www.nfl.com/players/willieparker/gamelogs?id=PAR468944&season=2006
    http://www.nfl.com/players/willieparker/gamelogs?id=PAR468944&season=2007

10. Finnebosch

I was more referring to the slammed up the gut part. I remember the Steelers using more sweeps and stretches then we do (not that they would have to use that much to have more then us). I, of coarse, have no way of proving this and am just going based on memory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar