Sonys interesting spin on unsold consoles

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gunny, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

xbox 720? I thought the next microsoft system was xbox 18, similar to the psp.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yes. Which puts them at even more of a disadvantage. As of now, they have nothing going for them other than some fancy dvd player that nobody currently cares about. Most people doubt blu-ray will ever catch on and will be the 'mini-disc' of new.
    They had time to have great launch games. Where are they? They don't have a single game franchised that's worth anything. So forgive me for thinking they're too far behind in the race.

Everyone has a 360 now. It's going to take that special something to make people spend extra money on another system, and so far it looks like they have no chance of creating that. Just about every week I have a co-worker or friend that buys a 360. I don't know a single person with a ps3. And since online play is what keeps systems afloat now, who are you going to play with on a ps3? Strangers? It's about your only option.

They dropped the ball. And they're now just staring at it rather than even attempting to pick it up.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

my point is you can't judge a console based on 4 months of existence.

online doesn't keep anything afloat.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I've seen ps3's on store shelves 8 times out of 10
    I've yet to see a Wii

not sure when it will be that the ps3 leads monthly sales
    probably not til MGS or FFXIII

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If MS were smart they'd release Halo to counter the MGS4 craze (assuming it is still exclusive)

6. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Halo 3 will blow MGS4 out of the water.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I could see God of War 3 pushing sales
    but doesn't " The End Begins " make you think 2 is the last ?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

not even close.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

GoW3 is years away though.

Also I think they confirmed GoW3 (or said something about a trilogy, can't remember), though really they'd be dumb not to.

10. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Not that I care about DVDs since I rarely rent or buy movies, but the launch of the PS3 might help push Blue Ray forward, just like the PS2 did for the DVD. It is probably showing already as Blue Ray is outselling HD-DVD as of late.

It is widely known that great games rarely appear at consoles launch (it isn't as if the 360 was the exception). But anyhow, that's a question I'd be more concerned asking about the 360 at this point.

They are actually not that far behind considering the 360 games we've seen so far. Gears is perhaps the only game worth buying a 360 right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar