Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Sony Screws the Pooch...Again

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by KamikaZ, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian I am Him.

George
    Moolah:
    $38
  2. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,907
    i guess i was one of the few who were not effected by this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,356
    Did you do a trophy re-sync? Also go to the Date and Time Settings and sync it via Internet (not manually)

It was an internal hardware error, it fixed itself when the phantom day changed to March 1.
  3. KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Moolah:
    $129
    Friend's data is still missing, Sony help states the problem is hardware related, is going to look at it for free.

I haven't heard of anyone else with this problem.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Good picture of me from 10 years ago

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,867
    My PS3 is not currently hooked up to the internet and hasn't been for awhile.

Last night it was reading February 28th, 11pm... a day behind.

I hope it works today lol, I'm trying to finish Dragon Age before the expansion lol.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,356
    Are you able to hook it up and sync your time and date?
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,356
    Neither have I. It is possible it is just coincidence and an unrelated issue.
  4. KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Moolah:
    $129
    A massive game-data deletion after a wide-spread hardware glitch, with no prior issues of any kind? Doubtful. Probably just an outstanding problem from the glitch, could potentially be fixed.

His PS3 is like 2.5 years old, so he's hoping for a Slim upgrade (doubtful) or maybe a refurbished one to keep him happy.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,356
    I can't imagine it would happen to so few people after this, plus the hardware glitch wasn't at all related to game data so I don't see the relationship. I'd say it was unlucky (and lucky in that he gets a free repair).

Mine is one of the first released and it is fine as far as i can tell.
  5. A Fightin'Titan Starter

Moolah:
    $0

Yeah me too. Had mine for around 3.5 years or so and it's still working great. Connect online almost daily for Madden and nothing has affected me.

I agree that the updates do tend to get annoying. Especially when your in a rush to squeeze a game in. Turning it on then having to wait 20 minutes while it does its thing is frustrating.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.