Something cool for $850

Discussion in 'Gear' started by TitanJeff, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

My house was hit by lightning this summer and my old mac desktop was fried. The insurance company said it was valued around $1500. Since I had just bought a laptop, I decided to take the money instead.

Catch was, I only get $750 of it in cash. I get the second half only if I spend a total of $1500.

So I drop $650 on a PS3 in which they said was an acceptable item to purchase instead. This leaves me right at $850 to use on another electronic item. They seem fine with it be anything which could be purchased at Best Buy.

I honestly have no clue as what to get. It's a problem I want to deal with. ;) Any suggestions?

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

this would be a great oppertunity to improve GoTs standard of living - lol

I assume you already have the standard mancave touches. I say see if they can order a beer machine. It might come in the discuise of a coke machine, but when it enters the mancave it will transform into a cold malted beverage dispenser. I know BB sells appliances so it just might be possible.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lol @ GoT.

Jeff, is your PS3 gold plated or something? 650? I'm guessing that's with more than just the system?
    Me, I'd just go to Best Buy and look around. There are tons of things you can find in there for that money, then find it online to buy it. :)

What about:
    [​IMG]
    That thing's a monster!
    http://www.uncrate.com/men/gear/home-audio-speakers/philips-hts8100-soundbar/

and it's 799$ putting you right at 850.

4. TitanJeff

5. External hard drive for backups? You could go shopping on the Apple store for a new TimeCapsule if you have Leopard (and maybe it works without Time Machine, but I don't know).

Airport Extreme with 802.11N?

Surround sound setup? A small HDTV?

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

My Surround Sound system suggested is better than a PS3 or TV all by itself. Yes sir.

7. TitanJeff

What is this TimeCapsule in which you speak?

I have the surround sound going already. The small HDTV may be a good option though that means another HD box from Comcast.

8. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

Ditch the cable, get Direct TV, Sunday Ticket, and a WHOLE LOT of beer...

9. TitanJeff

Do they sell huge DVRs?

10. Yes. I've got one and I like it. It's not as good as a tivo, but it's HD and does the trick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar