Some thoughts on the Brownies whoopin'

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It was another great day to be a Titans fan. Hoffa and wifey stepped up for LaserJock and Titanium and we had a great tailgate. A.D.'s chili was most excellent. Thanks to all the diehards who braved the cold to make it to the tailgate.

The more I watch him, the more I am impressed with Chris Johnson. He now seems to be catching the ball better which makes him even a bigger threat. LenDale White even looks faster, IMO. He looks better to me and I think he's going to play a bigger role the rest of the season and playoffs.

I hate to look at anything negative after such a big win but I'm a bit concerned about the Titans slow start and the play of Collins. The Titans seem to sputter out of the gate and it must be keeping the coach staff up at night wondering what the deal is. I expected the team to be a little flat after a long rest and a big point spread but they need to find a fix soon. I don't think it'll be as easy to recover against the next three teams on the schedule if they start out slow.

Collins had a very average day today, IMO. Maybe I should give the Browns credit because they shut down Manning last week but the running game will face some tougher run Ds soon and he's gonna need to play better than he did today.

I believe this was the first game the Titans have lost the turnover battle. Hopefully, it'll be the last. The penalties need to be kept in check as well. It got sloppy today at times.

The AFC South Division Championship is back where it belongs. :yes: I have to admit I didn't think it would happen. What an outstanding season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

Who would have thought the Titans 12-1 and the AFC South Champs. I have to admit that I was not expecting much at the beginning of the season. I am really glad that the Titans are doing so well.

I hope we get off to a better start next week and against the Steelers. I think having home field advantage will help a lot so hopefully the Steelers lose next week or Titans beat them when the come to Tennessee

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think you are making too much of the slow start. And I think people make way to much of the interception. I mean one turnover. Who cares. The opening plays are all scripted to set up the rest of the game. They all don't have to work. We are only one game removed from destroying the Lions in the opening quarter. These things happen. Look around the league. We put up 28 points. If you look at our team this Sunday, was there any other team that was better? Nope. We are playing the best football in the whole NFL right now. Every other team had a bad quarter too. It will happen every Sunday.

Michael Jordan always said he could care less about the first three quarters. It's who shows up in the 4th. The Titans show up in the 4th.

Look, I would like a fast start. Sure. But it's not realistic. You gotta feel your way around in the 1st quarter. Then you get to business.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I believe it was the first time the Titans had lost the turnover margin all year. It was also KFC's only 2nd game this season with more than 1 interception, which isn't bad.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It was the Titans first loss in the turnover battle.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

For that reason I often think that when we win the coin toss it would be better for us to receive the ball first.

We're more likely to open the second half with a score than we are in the first.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

It was a great game, more Browns fans there that I thought there would be. It was loud and not a lot of empty seats, considering it was cold and everyone was clapping with gloves on...lol

Too many penalites, personal fouls..there must have been some nasty talk going on the field. When Mawae was leaving the field after being called, I saw him stop at Fisher and kept pointing to the field with a lot of emotion. Would love to hear the mic'd up version of what was happening.

Tailgate was great, nice to meet NickSmith and friend...A.D's chili was the bomb--good thing it was so cold out!!

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The browns were ranked 8th in scoring defense and held the colts without a TD. We lost the turnover battle and still won by 19.

Talk about a slow start the colts were like that the whole game against them.

Everyone wants to dump on our offense even though we scored 28 friggin points!

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's hard to get too rattled about the INTs. That first one was a VERY impressive grab. Maybe Kerry shouldn't have thrown it, but I'll take the chance on that one 2/3 times.

I do wonder why it takes the offense time to warm up, but I'm much happier with an offense that is inconsistent in the first half and consistently good in the second than the other way around. For the first month of the season I worried whenever we were holding a lead. Now, I'm much more confident in our approach when we're up. I don't know what the difference is though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar