Some Questions about THE Titan' Plan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tennessee, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

sorry............ i never won a spelling bee. I knew he was our biggest cap #, but no need to redo has contract now.

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I wonder if that will be redone? Bulluck is almost 30, and certainly isn't a runstopper.

3. Why would they touch his contract? We have tons of cap room.

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Just because we have it doesn't mean we overpay someone that isn't producing. Fair is fair.

5. arcticboy

arcticboy Guest

I say you take the hit as much as you can this year with Bulluck, rather than push it.

And what do you mean he is not producing... he is all over the place and is the defensive leader.

6. If you were talking about Haynesworth, then I'd agree with you. But Bulluck is one of our best players.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Keith will be 32 in April 09', let's leave his deal as it is for now.:yes:

He should still be productive by then but renegotiating his deal might leave us paying him once he's gone or isn't able to produce for us any more.

8. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

This is what I was wanting the Titans to do...

Perhaps with Henry or at least J. Bell..... someone?

Seems like a wasted opportunity to put the team in a best possible situation.:hmm:

9. And where exactly in that article does it suggest that his new extension adds anything to his 2006 cap hit?

Again, we can extend the contract of any player currently on our roster any time we want. But we are past the deadline where it allows us to save any future cap room by adding it to this year's cap. I believe that deadline is in October, but I'm not sure of the exact date other than to say it has long since passed.

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

He's all over the place except the one place you need him...helping out in run support. His many tackles are usually 10 yards downfield. Buffalo killed us again with screen passes...where was he? He is just not getting off blocks to help support. He still has good speed, and covers OK, but he is not helping in some areas, and we are being exploited. Sorry, I know he's a hero to many, but you can't hide the obvious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar