Some Positives So Far

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

We're first in the division!

We have a winning record!

We have a real quarterback! MH isn't as far past his prime as KC, knock on wood. I feel like Hasselbeck is going to take all the would-be heroics normally only reserved for Manning in the AFC South here to late. Stability with him gives this team time to get its crap together each week. Hopefully that slow start from Jacksonville was just that.

We stand a real opportunity to be 3-2 or 4-1 heading into the bye week. We have the Browns and Steelers up next. I'm fairly confident we can get pressure on McCoy and Ben if our guys stay healthy. It'll be interesting to see Gray scheme against them. I realize these could both be ugly, low-scoring affairs.

Nate Washington is setting personal records every week. Now if he can only crack the 100-yard barrier...but seriously, I'll take the large number of catches he's pulling in on a weekly basis. Did you know that he's tired for 3rd in the NFL for most receptions (21)? It's true. He's being the best he can be. He's being the best he's ever been, in fact. Hopefully there's one guy living up to his contract.

There are a lot of dynamic playmakers on this team. I think there's a sense of opportunity for these guys. This lockout, intended or not, has seemingly brought about even more of the NFL's desired "parity." Good for us this season.

We're getting to see I think the real value of a lot of our draft picks over the last few years at once. I kind of feel like we're still in a strange preseason and stolen some wins while working out some much-needed kinks.

Getting Derrick Morgan back has made a difference. I kind of laugh that Smith had to sit and he and the rooks got to be in on the big play. Kind of puts him on the right step to taking a leadership role someday.

Will Witherspoon today became reconfirmed as a good free agency signing from last year.

Getting a Jason McCourty twin in the 6th round seems just as good as getting one in the first!

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I forgot to add, it was so nice to finally see Chris Johnson run down the sideline, lay-out and make a circus catch. It's about dang time.

3. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Technically we are in second in the division. Houston owns the tibreaker based on divisonal record. They are 1-0, we are 0-1

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

That's only a tie breaker in the playoffs. We haven't even played Houston yet.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Best defense in the NFL through the first three weeks!

:beerbang:

6. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

when you look at standings, we are listed as 2nd...not 1st

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Does it say we're 2nd?

Nope. While I'm sure some use the playoff tiebreaker to adjust standings during the season, I'm pretty sure the NFL just uses win percentage. What you are seeing is simple alphabetical sorting. I could be wrong! But I seem to remember being tied in the past and though having the tiebreaker, being listed below the tied team.

Either way, in week three, what's it matter?

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We've also allowed the fewest points in the league.

We look like a solid defense that will give up very few big plays.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

#1 in points allowed

#2 in passing defense

#7 in passing offense

#9 in rushing defense

I'd say that's reason to be happy. Top 10 in all aspects of defense and a complete turnaround from the past by being top 10 in passing yards. If we can get CJ and the O-Line to take some of the pressure off or the passing game we'll be really dangerous.

The good thing is we're a young team with an entirely new staff that has yet to reach its potential. The thing I'm most happy about is the off-season QB acquisition of Hasselbeck. I was skeptical of whether he could still produce and he's suprised me. It feels good to have 2 capable QB's for at least another season.

We've got a very good shot at making playoffs if our passing game doesn't suffer too much from Britt's absence. The encouraging thing about today's game is that the passing game didn't suffer when Britt went out. If Hawk and Williams can step up we'll be fine going forward. Hasselbeck's improvement from week 1 to week 3 with his top targets is encouraging that he can not only get on the same page with the Williams and Hawk, but improve their play.

10. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

And fewest Total YPG, 2nd in passing YPG, and QBs have the 2nd lowest passer-rating against us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar