Solutions To Titans Problems And Will There Be Adjustments Made?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Alright your 3-3 and maybe a game behind in the division not to mention its still early in the season.Sure there are a problem or two that might need tweaking or adjusting but the question is do you stand firm thinking these issues will work themselves out or do you change it up?

Before you have a practice or anything do you get the coaching staff together and figure out what happen to get blown out twice in a row and why it happen?

I'm sure hoping that Munchak got these people together and let them know its not acceptable and things need to change.The players also need to watch plenty of film and go over whatever mistakes were made and start making adjustments.

If we win the next two home games against Indy and Cincy we will be 5-3.

So if your the coaching staff what do you change in the gameplan?

2. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I think the coaches need to get CJ by himself and let him know he will have to step his game up or be demoted.Let him know they believe he can break out of his slump but what has happened so far this season can't keep happening.

Hasselbeck needs to get out there with Hawkins and Williams because those two are not getting it done at WR.They need to go over all the routes and work hard on assignments.

Defense needs to get together with their leader Jerry Gray and watch some film and adjust immediately.They were the number one defense through four games.They were the worst defense the last two games.Whatever he changed up the last two games was horrible and he needs to go back to what was working.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Treat them all for bipolar disorder. Problem solved.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Listen to that wired for sound, I dont see how he could motivate anyone, that was really bad. No passion no fire and no changes coming!

5. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Realistically, we're probably already done for the season. We still have a lot of hard games ahead, whereas the Cows have games like the Browns at home. We would need those guys to drop a handful of games that it's not likely they'll drop. Then again, they are the Cows so... :gag:

In so far as what we need to do:
    I don't know. Our WR core isn't going to get any better. We have terrific pass protection, but those knuckleheads can't catch the damn ball, so our passing game is kinda shot.

We could tinker with the run game, but I doubt CJ rockets off even if we fix the blocking.

I think the Titans right now need a complete retooling. For me, what will make or break Munchak is what he does in the upcoming offseason. As is, we've got one foot in our past run focused game and one foot in this passing attack game that we haven't had since McNair, and now we've got to $#!+ or get off the pot because this half-in/half-out business isn't working.

6. jwmann2

jwmann2 Camp Fodder

You find a scheme that works ad you stick to it until it fails you. Problem is you don't have a whole lot of time to find out what that scheme is.

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

CJ is struggling. Part of this is the O-Line, part of this is CJ. The first thing I would do is see if Harris is ready to play the position he was drafted to play in a live game. He started a playoff game at center as a rookie and played well. Maybe he has some issues, but Amano can fumble the snap and get knocked on his arse. Amano was actually one of our best run blockers from guard as he had a knack for sliding to the next level and making a block so CJ could go the distance. So, see if we can create what we once had.

Make CJ live and die by his blockers. Enough dancing in the backfield. Put a guy in front of him every running play and have him run like Lendale White (White always ran up his blocker's back side).

Work on screens. Our screen plays are horrible. The defense knows what is going on because we a have a receiver and his blockers waiting pretty much from the snap. Any defense can sniff that out.

On defense, we simply need to not give up on our blitzes. We've had trouble holding runners in our last two games, so we gave up on the blitz. Giving up on our blitzes equals giving up passing plays. We should keep blitzing. Maybe a RB gets past us. Maybe a guy tackles him on the way to the QB. The way we're doing it now, we're not containing runners and we're giving the QB too much time to find the open man.

Those are my opinions anyway.

8. T-Rac

T-Rac Resident GoTitans Brit

Get a new O-Line problem solved, open up some new holes for Ringer (yeah I said it) and playoff bound the Titans are.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

In order to fix the situation, we first have to show we want it more than they do. Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, and Houston all needed wins vs us to keep their fans at bay, now we're those fans, we NEED a win from this team.

Our team should feel disrespected and ashamed of their "efforts". When we've been 0-6 and just missed the post season by 1 game, 3-3 is not a bad place to be. There's plenty of time to work out the kinks.

What really kills us is not having a single playmaker on either side of the ball right now. Some of these guys HAVE to step it up a notch, otherwise we'll be 3-13, real talk.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think it all needs to start with the run game. I don't know if its the design of the plays or CJ's decision making but we need to focus on running plays that get 5 yards aka the short game. We need a back (whoever that is) who is patient and explosive that can hit the seam and consistently pick up 4 yards. Hasselbeck's strength is the short game so if we can can 4 on the ground when we need it we've got shifty enough receivers to get on short quick routes. I don't feel we're gonna beat teams on the deep ball.

After focusing on the short run game (might mean Harper sees more action), I think the short passing game will open up and we'll get our scores and big plays from YAC rather than long throws through the air.

As far as defense goes I would blitz, blitz, blitz. We need to blitz to stop the run and play man coverage out wide. We've gotta trust that Finny, Verner, and McCourty can make plays and use our LB's to get pressure and help stop the run. We've got Ayers and Witherspoon who are good at blitzing and should use them more. Finny is great blitzing from the nickel spot. We've got the tools to be a good blitzing team we're just not using them, or are blitzing at the wrong time.

I think we're good enough to beat a lot of teams (including the Texans) when find our identity if that happens this season. I still have hope for the team because they still have enough weapons. But the younger guys need to step up and start making plays if this team is gonna start to think about playoffs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar