So you want this team fixed? Time for some player accountability

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alzarius, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I could sense his hip and knee pain from where I was sitting! But I have magical abilities so maybe you couldn't tell.

But seriously, why would we run options with our QB coming off hip/knee injury? Just makes no sense. There are other ways to be creative.

Here is one idea, instead of pulling Wright and Washington from the field every run play, occaisionally leave them out there for a run play. Just a thought.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I was hoping to see a reverse but we don't even call play action passes so why would I think Loggains would get creative.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I figure if it was obvious to me when we were gonna run or pass, then it must be obvious to professionals that get paid to do this.

4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

same here, watching our predictable formations it was almost too obvious how could the jags not figure it out. We have the most predictable play calling in the league, nothing ever creative. Pisses me off

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think we'd all like to see a more unpredictable offense. You'll get no argument from me there.

Let's assume Loggains had a decent feel for what Jake could do with his legs. Maybe he asked Jake if he could run the play and Jake said he was a good. I'd like for Loggains to answer the question. I do know QBs in this league run all the time and take bigger shots than what we saw, bounce up, and run it again. I just think Jake has some crappy luck because he gets hurt as much in the pocket as out.

Jake needed to slide and didn't. That's on him. From reading his quotes, it could have happened before he was even hit. It's just a shame he can't stay on the field.

6. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

I am with you on all this, although I am not sure why everyone has a chubby for making Williams the HC. Remember how piss poor the Bills were when he took over as HC there anyone ? They were 17-31 under him, pretty real sure Munchak can give us that no problem. Yes the D has improved quite a bit since he became the "senior assistant defensive coach". I love him as the DC but am not sold on him as HC at all, and if he would get that roll would he go outside the organization to bring in young new coaching talent ? Frankly ,if they let Munchak go and don't offer him the HC position, I bet he walks anyway.

On Locker, I really grew to admire the kid this year and wanted badly for him to become the franchise guy, but with his physical durability and stability now the Pink Elephant in the room, sadly I am leaning toward looking to move on, especially if they get rid of this staff at the end of the year. Let's be honest, while Jake wasn't making mistakes in the games he made it through, he wasn't lighting up the stat-line either (with the exception of the Chargers and Jet's games). I don't think he has looked the same since he returned from the injury. The thing that troubled me most about yesterday was that he could not keep the O on the field the entire first half and the minute Fitz comes in they start moving the chains (and scoring) fairly easily. For a large portion of the Rams game he was ineffective but thanks to CJ's running and the Rams defense tiring out he got enough momentum going to get the win. Against the 49ers he was pretty ineffective until we were down significantly and they eased up a bit on defense and allowed us to start playing catch up. I just don't know if I have seen consistent evidence that he can be a franchise guy even in spite of the injury issue which again will take him off the field and disrupt whatever momentum he had in maturing and progressing at the position.

On CJ we have to walk away if he doesn't take a pay cut, what he gives this team at this point (regardless of scheme) is not worth 10+ mil, I doubt he gets that on open market unless Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder pull one of their typical signings.

7. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

He appeared to be running fine the other two times he ran, that injury was simply a horrible fluke. I gotta give the kid a major high -five for going head first like that to get an additional 3 yds, but he has to be smarter than that and use the slide as a way of keeping himself relatively unscathed, and he didn't and now a completely freakish injury like this means another lost season... How many more of those are in the cards going forward ? Logic would dictate this is who Jake is, and this is what his career is going to continue to be like from here on out. Sadly and as frustrating as it's going to be, the Titans have to start thinking about the next possible option and seriously look to put a succession plan in place. Really pains me to say it cause I love the kid and wanted for him to succeed badly for his, the organizations, and the fans sake...

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Locker has a ton of heart. Can't question that. That head first slide showed it, and how he returned from the hip injury so fast. He's a competitor and wants to win so bad. Unfortunately his health prevents him from that.

And I don't really want Williams as HC either. Rather see him as official DC next year and go outside the organization for HC.

9. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Yea I hope we get a offensive head coach honestly... I feel if Williams becomes our head dc we could be a top 10 defense, but when munch gets cut I think Williams goes. New coaches usually like to bring there people in, people they are familiar with.

10. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I could see Cj excelling in a pass heavy cowboys offense with Romo and Bryant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar