So will this injury hinder the HUGE contract?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea. He lives in Franklin now... Which I still consider to be Nashville.

2. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

that's what i want to hear... nothing good in jersey anyways..

3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

No way he deserves the big contract when he hasn't ever played a full season yet. I'm sure our FO will be quick to point that out if the subject ever comes up.

It's a little weird that last year Morgan tore his ACL against Denver and Kenny tore his against them this year. Man I hate that team.

4. T-Rac

T-Rac Resident GoTitans Brit

Ill be surprised if ay great amount of money is handed over until he starts at least hitting the practice field and showing us if he's healthy or not.

5. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

The reputation as Kenny Brittle will hinder any leverage he was building...

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not sure what your point is jeff. Britt is signed through 2013, will be a free agent in 2014 and since this year is over for him that gives him 2 years left. Why would a contract even be an issue? He can't even prove he can play a whole year. I know you didn't start the thread but why entertain a concept that has no bearing on reality?

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The Titans have absolutely no reason at all to do anything or to offer anything different. He is under contract for 2 more years. His production, an average of 600 yards a season hardly gives him any status to demand a deal.

Hell for the next 13 weeks he will draw a pay check for doing nothing.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I was thinking that he was a FA after next season. So, I pretty much thought he had one more year to prove himself of a worthy contract.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

It is true that by the time his contract runs out he could have a couple of solid years under his belt and be in position for a big contract despite the injury.
    But it is also true that the injury(s) will require him to play out his contract to get the money. Even if he comes back in 2012 and has a great year the Titans won't want to pony up new money since he only did it for one year and has a track record of injury.
    So ultimately the injury might not effect a future contract in three years but it certainly pushed his big pay day out a couple of years. Heck, a monster year this year without the injury might have been enough for him to pull a CJ and hold out before the 2012 season. Now he will have to wait.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I thought the point of the thread was to discuss his next contract. You'd hope he is 100% at some point in the 2012 season but, if he continues to have lingering injury issues as he has so far, no way the Titans would want to invest a long-term deal into Britt.

He's probably only get offered a one-year deal in 2014. Then, if he can stay healthy the entire season and be productive, then look long-term. Kind of like the deal KVB received.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar