So why didn’t Vince Young stick around in Buffalo?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amy

amy Starter

Quarterbacks without enough mental acumen are doomed to fail. He could not learn the Buffalo playbook, and his culture dictates that the family join in the spending of the big money. He never had a chance.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Short answer? Because he's almost as Cerebral as a Sex Stone, or to put another way, about as smart as a fooking rock.

3. smili

smili Starter

I don't get this part of the quote: "he worked hard and he had all the tools, that’s for sure"

??? but it just doesn't work out despite hard work and all the tools.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

working hard does not equate too being successful with that work

5. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

Its sad. :disappointed:

All the talent that the guy has and he can't seem to put it together with a playbook?...and now hes flat ass broke.

On the positive side of things, he did skip out on studying that playbook to go back and get his college degree one summer. Anyone know what he majored in? Perhaps he should put it to use?.. or was it one of the bull**** majors that players take in college to maintain the academic levels needed to comply with NCAA rules?:rolleyes:

I don't think VY messed as bad as TO did. As least TO only has one kid and I am pretty sure (not positive) hes married to the child's mother. From what I hear TO has 5 kids from 4 different women and can't afford child support for any of them. :spank:

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

He's at least part of the reason why we're in bad shape right now. If he didn't suck... No locker. Maybe we could've had JJ watt or a defensive player we really needed.

7. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

ENGLISH!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

I remember when some of the ESPN commentators were trashing him for his throwing mechanics and said he will not be a successful pocket QB.

I hated them with a passion every time they mentioned that. Boy, did they prove us right.....

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Almost all athlete owned restaurants go under. Somewhere around 98%.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

But... they did think that Leinart was an elite player, too. And that Cutler was in a different class, below these two. Turns out, Cutler was the only one worthy of suiting up for an NFL team, and he's not an all-star either. It was a no-win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar