so who's our back up RB?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I imagine Lendale would get the ball 10 to 20 times a game with Henry taking some of the load off and backing up if injuries become a problem. C. Johnson would be the situational running back/slot receiver who will become a key offensive weapon (probably in the same vein of what they were trying to do with Pac on offense 2 years ago)

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

C-Hen and CJ could split time I think they would do fine.

What makes everyone think CJ can't handle the load because he is only 200 lbs? I'm not going to but I can name far too many RB's around 200 lbs or less that can and did handle the load.

I'm interested in C-Hen's progress this season hopefully Byner can flip the switch in him.

3. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

After Steve gets a hold of Chris and bulks him up a bit, he'll be the #1 back. He's not as small and delicate as rumored. He looks very sturdy and hearty, kinda tall in person. But, he can miss me with them gold fronts!

4. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

hopefully the addition of CJ will light a fire in lendale and we will have a monster of a backfield

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I disagree about your whole post. I think C Hen is a better RB than you give him credit for. If white goes down, Chen would step right in and CJ would continue spreading out and also continue to be our 3rd down back.

With White and CJ, and VINCE, we have a very dangerous running attack.

6. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

whos post do u disagree with?

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Chris Johnson is the #2 back - TODAY. lol @ Ray Rice.
    We liked CJ enough to spend the 24th pick on him. If you think one guy we picked up in the 2nd is going to start over him, ok. But 2? lol...not happening. Henry will be lucky to beat out Cuff for the 3rd spot.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

What? I totally disagree. Henry will be our 3rd down RB. There's no way the organization is going to throw away a 2nd round pick with the snap of a finger. Unless he gets into more trouble with the league, he'll be a titan.

9. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

I agree with gloat, CJ is now the #2 Rb + the 3rd down back

Henry our 3rd down back? Take out the down part and you got it right :) Why would you give Henry the duty of 3rd down back, when its seen that he runs into his linemen and fall down. :))

I was listening to 104.5 at 5:00 today, and Jeff Fisher commented on Chris Henry saying that we drafted Henry because we need 2 guys that can pound it out and carry the load.

Chris Henry would get a drastic amount of increases if Lendale went down due to injury. Probably more carries than Johnson per game. Johnson is here to be the 3rd down back and versatile playmaker that is able to be plugged in just about anywhere.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

a pretty good assumption.

everyone keeps comparing him to westbrook and bush, well, both of them missed at least 1 game this year and bush missed the last 4 when he was asked to carry the load. they both combined for 8 20+ carry games and 0 30+ carry games.

and i don't think there is any doubt he doesn't fit our running style. he isn't an inside bruiser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar