So who are the SPECIAL players to rush the passe

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Perry has went up my boards as well...

4.64 40
    35 Bench Press
    33" Arms
    9½ hands

Fresh:
    24 Tackle, 9 TFL, 8 SACKs

Soph:
    25 Tackle, 7.5 TFL, 4 SACKs

Junior:
    54 Tackle, 13 TFL, 9.5 SACKs

Played for USC, a football powerhouse, and got playing time all 3 years. He has speed, strength, and average size. Plus he's played with our future stud-DT Casey. Perfect player for us i'd say.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

What if: Perry in the first and say curry slides to our pick in the second?

3. xpmar9x

Take em both. Wont happen, Curry will still be a early 2nd at the latest IMO.

Also, here's a solid video on Nick Perry vs Senio Kelemete (projected 2nd-3rd round OL)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osla4w0Dcc8"]Nick Perry vs Washington " Senio Kelemete" 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

We would still be better of going with a DT, S, and OG. I'd rather take Thompson, Martin, or Martin there then Curry. The go with either Johnson/Blatnick/Berqutte a little later.

5. Finnebosch

A few plays I'd like to point out from that video.

1.50 - Gets eaten up by the double team here. Is he playing at 250 (his listed weight) because if so that 20 extra pounds could help him there.

3.14 - That was one of the nastiest spin moves I've ever seen.

4.14 - I like how he saw the screen here and started running to the ball carrier. Good awareness and hustle to help make that play.

4.48 - Nice inside move and lane control against the center. Didn't give the QB room to run.

He gets close and provides good pressure a couple times in that game.

6. xpmar9x

Good point about the weight. An extra 20 lbs of muscle would help any player. I didn't really look into Perry that much prior to the combine, but i'm loving what I see. Would love if we could get him in the 1st, and Mike Martin (DT from MICH) in the 3rd. DL would be fixed, esp if we could add a FA like Mathis, Abraham, Freeney, Avril, or even Mario Williams.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I'd be willing to put money on it that Curry goes before Perry.

8. Finnebosch

You're gonna lose money my friend.

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

As far as being a "special pass rusher" the Irving kid out of west virginia is just that. He may fit a 3-4 better but that guy can get after and to the qb a lot like freeney did in his prime.

10. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

I stood next to the Irvin kid this fall at the WVU Pitt game and he is tiny. Remember Aaron Beasley, the Cb for the Jags. He's a buddy of mine and we were on the field for the game. The guy can play but not in our system!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar