So What Is The Problem The Coaching/Play Calling Or Mariota Himself??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Oct 4, 2016.

?
  1. Coaching/Play Calling

31.4%
  2. Mariota

3.9%
  3. A Little Bit Of Both

64.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I dont care what the numbers say. When you WATCH this team play, they look terrible. Every game I can't believe the score considering how disheartening it is to watch this team bumble along.

I get tired of hearing the "no talent" excuse. I don't believe that for a second. We have talent. We have had no good coaching staff to develop this talent. I agree with an above poster who said Belichick would have this team winning the division.

2. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Take DeMarco out, this offense is straight trash. We're not even seeing the same kind of production in the passing game like last year. Our scoring is down too.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

A lot of successful teams set up their schemes to what will benefit their QB's. We don't. We have a scheme that favors our RB because he can't/doesn't like to run from shotgun. Not bashing Demarco love what he's done so far. Why not do more shotgun with Henry? This coaching staff just doesnt know how to use their players.

4. brian82

brian82 Rookie

That's what the titans concentrated on was the OL, this offseason and in doing so a 1st round WR wasn't drafted and Sharpe came of the 5th round. WRs were a issue last season none of which got 1000+ yards so if they were a issue last season a betting man wouldn't put money on them being any better this season, Sharpe does have potential but still needs to be nurtured and within the WR ranks there isn't any real competition to test him.

5. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

First we protect, then we throw. Does no good to have a stud at WR if you are flat on your back. Supposedly.........we have veterans that are supposed to perform and mentor guys like Sharpe. Think what you want, but we had people open Sunday and MM either missed them or threw really high at times. Sharpe dropped one when he got hit. MM threw one a mile high over Johnson on 4th down on a simple slant. You can make receiver excuses but QB's all over the league deal with receivers being injured, etc. You have to play through it and deliver. If MM was better at eluding the rush, we wouldn't have to keep so many people in for max protection. Putting 5 out would really give him options, but I don't think he can read the field that fast at this point and throw in 3 seconds to the open guy.

6. brian82

brian82 Rookie

lets put MM long passing game and reading of the game to one side. Can you tell me out of all the titans WRs which one would be able to out pace and out play the Vikings CBs or the Texans CBs, the Raiders is more 50/50 if the long passing play was an option?

7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Most CB's have the speed to run with anyone. However, if you get a guy like Julio or Fuller (4.3) they can burn, but notice we held Fuller in check, so speed ALONE is not enough. When a WR gets open it's usually because a CB got caught looking in the backfield or bit on a fake. Hell, even Matthews was wide open Sunday, and he's no burner. It all comes down to respect. When MM proves he can deliver a long ball on target to a covered receiver it will loosen things up.

8. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

2004- .563%
    2005- .313%
    2012- .125%
    2015- .222%
    2016- .250%

Looks like Mularkey's winning percentages have bottomed out and on the way back up! in 4 more years he might be back up to .563%!

9. brian82

brian82 Rookie

Even though Fuller smoked the special teams, fuller is a 1st year rookie, who I hold my hands up is having a good start to his career. MM does need to work on aspects of his game no doubt and experience in the nfl MM I would say is still in his 1st season due to missing part of last season.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

fuller didnt take it to the house alone, he got some good blocks to spring him free, its not just about speed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar