So what happens if Rusty is pretty good?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by joeman546, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

no good WR wants VY on their team, no good coach should want their good WR to play with VY.

If VY lands on another team, it'll be a team with no big name WR.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I would love to see the game VY charts when he is not starting. I mean thats what BUs do. They assume the role of assistant QB coach and attempt to help the starter figure the D out, unless they are too busy listening to Beyonce on their me/my/i/player

3. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

If Rusty can do well then screw Collins, Fisher's sentiment towards him is what pissed off Vince over time.

4. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

If he does somehow get real good. Then fisher will do what fisher does best. He'll trade away at least half of his receivers in the offseason of course.

5. Titanite

Titanite Pulling for VY...Sue me.

There's already no point in doing it, but somehow it's even less funny if you do it wrong.

He said "pretty real good."

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I don't think 6 games is enuff to determine how good you'll be. See Cassell, Volek, Cody Commander Carlson, and the whole list of one season wonders. Think if he does well it's a good sign, but don't bank it until were at least two seasons in. I would consider starting him next year if he does Top 10 well, but I'd keep something as a backup plan. Not sure VY should be a backup for Rusty. So likely cut or trade. But we'd need a solid veteran who could step in right away if Rusty fails. All he has to do is make 15 throws for this offense. But I want to see is how he does under 4th qtr pressure. Is he going to throw off his back foot, get happy feet, and otherwise collapse under pressure. It will always come down to the 4th qtr with Fisher, so he will need to be cool under pressure. Yet to deomonstrate that.

I put his odds at being successful pretty low. I think if you get throwing reps in the game it can boost your experience fast, but he won't get that here. He'll have to just be good out of the gate and grow on it.

7. TNTitan277

TNTitan277 Camp Fodder

I agree unfortunately. I see something like 11-29 and 117 yards and 2 INT

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

You seriously think a team would trade a first for VY? You're crazy.

9. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

Re-edited the OP for those that are misunderstanding things.

10. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

Has anyone made an avatar of Rusty with a large, visible pee stain on his football pants?...No?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar