So what happens if Rusty is pretty good?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by joeman546, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emong

emong Rookie

Very true but I like what I'm reading so far about him. He's professional, has a passion for learning, is respectful and he has one one battle so far; beating out Chris Simms

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Buffalo already has a solid starter in Fitz.. Vince would likely "attempt" to start elsewhere and either get injured or have another meltdown and lose his job yet again. No matter where you go, there you are.

3. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

Vikings, 49ers, and Seahawks instantly come to mind.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

With the shortage of good QBs in the league, someone would give VY a look hoping a new team and system would have a positive impact.

I think he has a little trade value but who is going to offer anything knowing that the Titans might outright release him?

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I agree with another team giving him a shot....it may also be good for VY to get dumped, then picked up (may wake him up a bit). I really believe he has the ability to be a very good QB...he just needs to grow up, which I do not see happening without a pretty good jolt (not as hard a fall as Vick, but something close, could wake him up IMO).

Agree that nobody will trade for him...they will wait for the dump.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

FWIW fish face said on his radio show that 'the Rifle' is only playing till kfc is healthy. He made it a point that it was about kfc's health and not 'the Rifle's play good or bad.

7. CheeseheadTitan

This is not surprising...but like I said earlier, unless KFC puts us on a playoff run here I think we will see Rusty again before the end of the season.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Its going to really suck if we let Vince go and he comes into his own on another team, where the coaches let him off the leash. Which I think is entirely possible...

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

couple of thoughts I had

fish face could be trying to take some pressure off 'the Rifle' by stating that kfc would start when healthy. Could be. He would be nuts to replace an effective RS with kfc

I fully expect VY to be a much better QB in a 3-4 years than he is now. Cunningham, as an example, was a much better "quarterback' in his later years than when he was younger. At least I thought so.

10. CheeseheadTitan

Do you think the Falcon fans are kicking themselves about losing Vick? I do not. Vick moved to the big house, team moved on, enter Matt Ryan.

Point is, while I agree that VY GROWING UP (note not getting "let off of the leash") is entirely possible, I do not see it happening with the Titans. He needs a jolt, like Vick did (hopefully not as severe though), and a change of location/living conditions, to wake up IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar