So what happens if Rusty is pretty good?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by joeman546, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

your crazy if you think vince cant start in this league. im sure buffalo they would welcome his ability to win games and besides i dont remember an instance besides the fisher thing where he has shown he isnt mature enough to be a starting QB in the NFL.

2. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

Adding corrections to the OP, didnt realize he was still under contract.

And yes, I am still expecting a trainwreck out of him. Id just like to entertain the possibility. After all, Tom Brady was also a 6th round pick.

nd early first round vs late first round. I doubt early, but I think he'd go for a late.

3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

This topic would have been 100x better if it said "So what happens if Rusty is pretty real good"

4. TitanT

TitanT Pro Bowler

Probably be an overpaid backup
    [​IMG]

5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Hopefully we roll with him for awhile.

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Probably right if KFC is healthy, but if we struggle (which is a pretty good possibility) over the next few weeks I bet we see more of Rusty before season's end (if we get eliminated from the playoffs).

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Yeah, late pick, like pick 235 or something like that.

No one in their right mind would give up a first round pick for Vince Young, unless Bud Adams owns another NFL team I'm not aware of....

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

So skeptics dont think hes that good eh?

9. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

I haven't seen much of Rusty, so its hard for me to say how he will do. I will not put much judgement into his performance this sunday because its his first start, but if he plays well then its a good sign. All I know is that he is still around for a reason, give him some playing time and time to get comfortable with the speed of the NFL and maybe he will surprise us all. 7th round picks don't usually make it past camp, so the coaches have to have seen something from him. I hope he turns out to be a solid qb, but if he doesn't we didn't loose much. I think I would rather him play than collins for the rest of the season even if he isn't doing well when collins heals from his air injury.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

No one has any idea how good Rusty is.

If he's good, he will play the the rest of the season and he might be the starter next year.

If he's bad, he will play until Collins can come back.

If he's awful, Simms will come in and play until Collins can come back.

That's all we know. We'll know a lot more at this time tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar